Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm thinking about upgrading to 9800 Pro and need some help. Do you know which make and which model has the best overclocking potential? What cards should I avoid?
Thank's in advance for your answers.
c

·
Registered
996 Posts
well definatly find something with the R360 core I have a built by ATI with the r350 and she wont overclock for S***

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leprachuan

well definatly find something with the R360 core I have a built by ATI with the r350 and she wont overclock for S***

I've seen some review on the MSI 9800XXL .... It comes with the R360 core, most can overclock and pass XT speeds.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

I've seen some review on the MSI 9800XXL .... It comes with the R360 core, most can overclock and pass XT speeds.

Yes, I'm loving my MSI RX9800Pro, even if it is outdated tech. I've got pretty good clocks on stock coolin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hmmm i have a 350 core .... and am running at 425 / 720 with stock cooling ....who says the 350 wont OC fer s*** ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank's for all suggestions (Evil XP2400 - you were great
).
So, just to avoid any disappointments I should try to get a card with R360 core. Doc_uk - I know that you got a very nice result with your card but maybe it's safer to get one with R360 (BTW what card do you have?)
Apart from mentioned MSI card (I understand that MSI 9800XXL and MSI RX9800 Pro are the same cards, aren't they?) do you know which other ones come with R360 core?
c

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc_uk

hmmm i have a 350 core .... and am running at 425 / 720 with stock cooling ....who says the 350 wont OC fer s*** ?

well... me. I also have an ATI manufactured 9800pro card with the R350 core (128MB memory w/ 256bit interface). I had it at XT speeds and ran it through 3dmark03 with no problem, but when I tried running 3dmark05 I had all kinds of problems at that speed. I haven't played around much beyond that so I couldn't say what a goos OC is for this particular card, but even at stock speeds it's performing well on Doom 3 and HL2 for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

R350 here also, 417/750

*** was that cartoon radical or what!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts