Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to have WC but I don't want to put it together myself cause I'm afraid of screwing up, so maybe buying a kit would be easier.. which kit is the best cost/performer? I mean, something that is not very expensive but outperforms my current Thermaltake Spark7+ with the fan @ 6500RPM.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack

I'd like to have WC but I don't want to put it together myself cause I'm afraid of screwing up, so maybe buying a kit would be easier.. which kit is the best cost/performer? I mean, something that is not very expensive but outperforms my current Thermaltake Spark7+ with the fan @ 6500RPM.

Well you can't beat a custom built WC setup. I haven't seen any already made kits that performed any better than the best air cooled setups. Plus a custom built setup not only cost about the same as a kit but out performs a kit hands down. Don't be scared about putting a WC setup together, as long as you take your time and leak test it, you won't have anything to worry about. With a kit your still going to have to put it together so you could still have the same problems you would with a custom built setup. Hopefuly someone else has a better reply but this is the best I can do.

PS: did I mention a Custom built WC setup is better? LOL

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, I guess you're right... I should put together a custom WC setup.. except it's kinda expensive so maybe I'll buy it in parts... first save up and get the best cpu waterblock, then the Eheim pump, then the rest... but if I want to get good stuff I gotta order from USA websites and that adds about $40 for s/h

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
^^ Where do you live?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts