Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going through some photobucket pics of mine and thought I'd start a thread on the best/craziest deal you were able to snag.

I was one of the lucky guys to get a new EVGA GTX280 SC for $200 when they were still close to $400. Buy.com made a pricing error I guess. A good amount got through until some deal hole called BUY and they fixed the price. The SSC were at @220 I think. Only a hand full of those got shipped out.







Later down the road I was able to get another great deal on a used one with a thermalright heatsink on it off of ebay. Can't remember what I paid for it, but I think the 400's were just coming out.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,994 Posts
gtx 280 for $100, sony vaio for $150, acer laptop for $50 that I later sold for $105, compaq laptop that I bought for $75 and have buyer in line for $135.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruler View Post
gtx 280 for $100, sony vaio for $150, acer laptop for $50 that I later sold for $105, compaq laptop that I bought for $75 and have buyer in line for $135.

What was retail on the 280's at the time you got yours?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,854 Posts
I got a Maximus Formula (technically 2, but that's a long story) NB and SB waterblocks, and a Stinger waterblock for 125 bucks a while back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
I've never really gotten any good PC part deals. I got 50 3mm red LEDs for £5, if that counts.
 

·
Car cheaper than computer
Joined
·
3,049 Posts
I got a razer copper head for $2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Three years ago I bought a 9600GT for $50 on Craigs. I sold it last year for $50. Best deal ever.

Oh, and the heatsink on my sig rig, I won here in the freebies section.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,854 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic Century View Post
Three years ago I bought a 9600GT for $50 on Craigs. I sold it last year for $50. Best deal ever.

Oh, and the heatsink on my sig rig, I won here in the freebies section.
Graphics card on craig's list for a reasonable price? Blasphemy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by McStuff View Post
Graphics card on craig's list for a reasonable price? Blasphemy.
I love seeing the "Gaming" rigs on craigslist. LOL Four year old or more tech and they want $1000.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,306 Posts
My 975 for $500, like new.

Or my Superclocked 480s for $440 each. (They still retail for the full $530, unlike every other 480)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,621 Posts
4GB of some really high quality DDR2-1066 from Corsair for $30.
Happened just recently actually

Heck it even came with a RAM fan!
This was from Craigslist though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,854 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
4GB of some really high quality DDR2-1066 from Corsair for $30.
Happened just recently actually

Heck it even came with a RAM fan!
This was from Craigslist though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,261 Posts
my friend owns one of the biggest pc and tech distribution companies here so i get a lot of good deals on demo and review sample items

my ram i got for $70
my cpu is a cherry picked review sample that hit 6.1 under ln2 in a review it was used i got it for $80
my case i got for $90
my cooler for $40
my monitor i got for $120

but there is always something new going for a review and i keep an eye out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
My DFI LT X48 for $80. My Corsair PSU for $62. Both from the Awesome OCN Marketplace.
My Cooler Master V6GT for free (won from CM)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top