Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
this's my first big question here and i hope i can find a solution for it
almost retired and moved to a country with high temp.most of time between 35° to 45°(sometimes more)
and i need a pc for 24/7 working with this temp.
i gone use a 7900x and asus x299 deluxe mobo and poseidon gtx1080 ti(or similar level indepence what's coming up in the close future)also aquaero 6
i know that it should be enough for each comp.1fan but not for this ambient temp.
so i am thinking with the next goods,i know it's overkill when you read this but i hope that i have low cpu and gpu temp.with low speed fans
2*hardware labs gtx560
noise blocker or noctua fans(witch one?),pull only or should i need push/pull...
some case from caselabs when they get it back running,thinking of thw10 or coming up? sma8 extreme...
i know what i want but i don't know if it's gone work with this ambient temp.
i am open for everything and good suggestions,i think i have good quality in my mind bur i want to be sure before spend the money
thanks already for your help here

·
Tetrapyloctomist
1,708 Posts
This is a site where a lot of hype and a lot of myths circulate (more paste=bad, covering entire IHS surface not needed [it's only there for spreading the pressure apparently], fan 'blowback' [at 800RPM], etc..), and where additionally, a lot of 'patching' gets to happen.
* patching being defined as starting wrong, and going just a bit on the righter side so as to ammend the wrongdoings. Wrongdoings most folks consider just fine, because myths and hype.

- If your ambient is that high, your first solution is an A/C unit.
I don't know why folks waste thousands of bucks per rig when they could do with a 1k rig just fine, but somehow feel no need to invest in A/C; which by the way, helps in everything, not just PC temps. And which, unlike rigs, you only get to buy once by the way.

- General but essential, we first cover the basics; is your chassis restrictive? Does it allow for sufficient airflow/enough rad space without hot air recylcing? You may find that most crap, sorry, cases, praised here are actually quite inadequate.. yet praised nonetheless.

That's the real solution. In as far as patching may be concerned?

- I'd personally get 3 of these rads if you can fit them, or a similar combination thereof in terms of fan 'slots'; i'd want my Delta as low as possible, given such high ambients. You probably won't ever reach other people's Deltas*, but at least you'll be able to run the rig full load without worrying. This assuming you're delidded, have good block, etc, ie you're capable of transferring enough heat and fast enough so as for your rads to dissipate it. Diminishing returns are always there.
As to fans, i'd never suggest noiseblockers, see hype above. If your RPM is to be around <1K, most fans will do just fine honestly. Since you mention Noctuas (ie you're willing to spend), those would do even better in theory. In theory, because the kind of rad you want does not particularly call for high RPM. BeQuiets are also an option, again expensive but worth it. They do however have an issue with PWM control and one that AQ6 cannot help you solve. If you go there, i'd advise buying the 3pin ones, they work flawlessly.
Don't go push-pull, not unless you have the kind of rad made so as to benefit from it; waste of your money and effort.

* The higher the starting temps (ambient), the larger the Delta. This cannot be helped, only ameliorated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Aenra,

the best solution is a/c unit but the electricity there you can not trust for 24/24(south of Philippines)
my first choice is a caselabs THW10 so there must be enough room to mount the rads and fill up the front with intake fans for yr thoughts
about the fans,1000rpm is okay for me,it's not that high,that start for me at up1500rpm
should i use equal fans for rad as for case?
the noctua's i want to use are the NF-A14pwm,any toughs's about them?
my cpu block gone be the aqua computer duplex gyros next vary vision
even for to be sure i gone use EK-XTOP revo dual pomp or something similar...

·
Registered
184 Posts
living in just the same ambient temp as you are, Down south in Singapore. So no worries, you can leave your pc runnin 24/7. Mine nearly runnin at 18-20 hrs per day. Just dont expect your temps to be low like the rest. The electric bill used on the AC will be best spend on other things here. Runnin 6600k orverclock to 3.8 with all core at 35-38 deg (idle) or 46-50 deg (load) with an ambient of 29-33 deg. Cooling it off with Hwlab Sr2 480. Fans running at 900-1200 rpm

·
Registered
99 Posts
You will not have any problem on your plan build even without an A/C. I built several work stations and servers South of Manila with no air conditioning. You may want to invest on a good quality power supply like Seasonic platinums. Electricity is not that stable because of poor cycle 40 to 50 hz.

Buying a big case is a plus on hot humid weather. Caselabs SMA8 is a good case. I've use several of those case in my client build. Stay away on small ITX and micro Atx build. Also see if you can add one more radiator besides the 2 GTX560. High humidity and dust is your number one enemy in the southern region. So make sure you dust off your computer once a month and keep it clean. You will need to invest on Aquaero fan controller, Splitty 9, and water sensor for each radiator out if budget is of no concern. I used Gentle typhoons AP15 on radiators and F3 Vardar fans as intake and exhaust. Average temp are 33 to 39 whole year round but humidity is almost 100 percent.

Buy all the stuff you need overseas but I would recommend you buy local supply of Soft or hard tubes including fittings. On soft tube the standard is 3/8 5/8 while on the hard tube are 14/10 and 16/12 mm in 50 cm to 100 cm in length. Also for such a large build, you may want to terminate you own PWM fan extension cables. EKWB ships thru DHL with 1 week transit time. Singularity computers from Australia sell the Aquaero. You may want to avoid buying directly from Germany due to high cost of freight and transit time.

Don't worry on your plan build. it is suitable for hot environment.

·
Quiet Evangalist
411 Posts
You'll be fine (based on my experience) with your setup and goals. Seeing that you are running two 560 rads, I'd say your bottleneck would be the CPU thermal conductivity (aka CPU Die > Waterblock).

I'm in NSW Australia, so I do have a hot day here and there. I'm running an OC-ed AMD 1700 + 1080Ti on a HW Labs 420Xflow + 360 GTS in an InWin 303 case, with EK Vardar fans running between 500 and 700rpm (using the Aquaero 6LT). That setup cools without me being able to hear it running (32-34dBA).

Delta over ambient for the coolant varies between 3-10C, depending on load. I may hit 12-14C when I run a stress test on both GPU and CPU. For all normal applications, there nothing hitting any limits even on 40C days - only the CPU temp does get high: I wouldn't run a full-out benchmark on such days, but everything else is fine.

·
PC Enthusiast
1,075 Posts
If you have concerns about working A/C it might be worth having an external rad setup so that the heat is being exhausted outside of the room the pc is in and doesn't heat up the room further. As long as you can keep the coolant temp around 50C or less you should be fine. Just work out how much heat you need to remove, and then you can work out what rads and fans are needed to cool that much while keeping the coolant temp in the safe range. Also not overclocking is recommended because there won't be a large amount of thermal headroom.

With an external rad setup I'd use something like a Define R6 for housing the hardware because it has decent filtering and noise dampening, making sure I used full cover waterblocks and a monoblock for the motherboard so that as much heat as possible is being removed from the room and not depending on the case airflow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys for this comment from the field:)
i gone build or buy the parts before i come down(i live now in Europe),bcse earlier i did not see places where i can buy the right stuff that i want,not even in Makati
i never think on it to use a extern rad setup,i gone try to find if this gone work for me..what kind or pump you need for this kind of setup,i think you need also 2 meter extra pipe,tube to cover the distance?
caselabs case
hardware labs 2 gtx and maybe a 3one
noctua fans NF-A14 pwm all over
aquaero controller
good psu,i was already decide to a seasonic,the one i use is 13 years old without any issue

to 44tzl
what do you mean with the bottleneck from cpu,i need to delide the cpu and use liquid metal compound to solve this or use another rad or both...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Laing D5 from EKWB or Aquacomputer is good for hot humid weather but there are other suppliers too. DDC runs hot and noisy. I have several DDC only lasted for 18 months and getting a replacement warranty takes 6 weeks plus the cost freight in and out of customs. Dual D5 is advisable for redundancy and low noise. They are built like a tank and last a long time.

Water cooling parts in the island is still in infancy due to high cost of build. There is only one reputable supplier but very limited choice. Thermaltake is popular in the island but I don't use them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i look for the external rad set up but it seem that there is not so plenty choice for it,mora3 420mm look one of the best
but i don't think that you can't compare this to 2 or 3 HW 560 gts
i have now a good idea about the heat and i can start now to get the goods with a clear conscience:)
thanks again for all the info that i get here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts