Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you are going to use an OC kit, try buying the ducting in Home Depot or a place like that since it will be cheaper. Also I second the Typhoon, it probably will give you the best cooling but you can also try the zalmans since they give pretty good cooling, looks, and noise.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
:turd: LOL
EDIT: Sry couldnt help myself, i really think you need to get a big typhoon (or an xp120 my personal fav) and a fairly high cfm fan, probibly over 110 CFM. Crazypc.com carries them at decent prices.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendofmine

what do you think the best cooler i can get is with this overclocking kit?
http://www.xoxide.com/ovcokit.html

I suggest against using it if you're a gamer. Yes, it will help keep your cpu cool, but you'll find that keeping your gpu cool is more important. That will reduce your case airflow because of the 1 fan only going to your cpu and your gpu will slightly suffer. Save the dough and let the fan blow normally. Cooling a cpu is candy, that part is simply not needed unless your goal is max OC on your cpu. You'll find that cpu speed isn't as important and gpu speed for gaming, but again, it comes down to what your machine's main purpose is.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
If you were going to do that, I would go with a single 120mm. Same airflow, if not better, than 2 80mm. AND, half as loud at the same airflow...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts