Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Moderators please move if this is in the wrong spot)

This an overclock log about my Pentium E5400. It started life as a Dual Core 2.7GHz bottom-of-the-line chip for me when I decided I needed an upgrade from my Pentium 3.

About mid way through last year, I accidentally botted it up while it was sitting on a PSU. No spark, no smoke, just what i thought was a very dead Pentium.
Since it is the school holidays here in NZ, i decided to get it out of my dead parts drawer, hook it up to a screen and an old 320w PSU, chuck some of my (also cheap as chips. See Sig Rig) RAM in and give it a spin.

Go to now, when i am writing this post, and I am doing suicide runs on the poor bugger. I started at 4050mhz from where it was last time, and went from there.
(all times are from my CPU-Z validation)

Start: 2.7GHz, stock Volts.
29 Jul 2011, 08:01:49 Local Time: 4050.1 Link
Same Day, dunno what time (it overwrote my validation?) 4117.8MHz HWbot Link
Still same day, 09:01:07 Local Time: 4252.32 MHz Link
same day, 09:14:21 Local: 4319.69 Validation HWbot

These were all done on stock cooling, some with a 120mm fan sitting on top of the standard 2" tall Intel HSF, Suicide runs cos' i didn't want to blow the board (Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3. got it for $80NZD, i.e. ULTRA BUDGET!) or overheat.

EDIT: for my best results, go to page 4 or search TA4K on HWbot. (4644mhz)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
thats not bad for an older chip.. you say suicide runs.. you just boot and validate? I would look for the highest stable OC.. I dont go for frying hardware, even older stuff.. I would usually rather give it away.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
im able to get my E5500 to 4.42 on stock cooling... i could do better but my POS MSI mobo wont let me...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal0307;14399747
dang man. you need to post this in the 1GHZ club. You are getting close to +2ghz oc.
Ive gotten my 955 to 4.2 stable, maybe i should join that club.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright, three more validations. I have just been going through Easytune and upping the reference clock by 2MHz each time, then saving a validation to my HDD (quicker), going up another 2MHz etc. until it crashes, then going back to a stable OC, networking into it, grabbing the validation files from my Sig Rig, and posting them.

4509.2, HWBot

4536.01 CPU-Z HWBot

4562.88 CPU-Z HWBot

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA4K;14399723
Ok, Pics of my current setup.

EDIT: wait, did it fail? ok try again.
img042.jpg
HAHAHA I did the same thing during the chimp challenge cuz i didnt have any cooler other than the stock one. My was a little better cuz it had a 120mm shroud!
biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 40 Posts