Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Club

If you're the owner of a Cosmos-series case, post here and become a member.

The Lineup:
Original Cosmos (RC-1000)

Cosmos-S (RC-1100)

FAQs:
Q: What is the max clearance for a heatsink in my case?
A: Cosmos RC-1000 180mm without dampening material
Cosmos RC-1100 160mm with side-fan.
Q: Can I use a side panel from my Cosmos S on my Cosmos 1000?
A: Yes. Each (RC-1000,RC-1010,RC-1100) can be interchanged with each other.

A tag for your sig: .~* The CoolerMaster™ Cosmos Club *~.

Code:

Code:
[CODE]
[URL="http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/313254-coolermaster-cosmos-club.html"][B][COLOR=DimGray].~* The CoolerMaster™ Cosmos Club *~.[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
[/CODE]

Members

Cosmos 1000
Andru
another_bryan
AntiHeroUK
BerserkTurk
BrainBashR
Canis-X
Choikum
Damir Poljak
Disturbed
dubbaz
ducrider
Epic Century
Flux
hometoast
icedtrip
Jason4i7
JustinAiken
kRze.baLLiN!
LazzyHoney
ljapilot
lsudvm
M0RT3GU1R3
Marcam923
MegaSmiley
Mikrouwel
Nasha
Nawtheph
Penryn
Ragsters
Ramsey77
Raytheon
ru7hl355
RyanBlackn
Super Coffee
Tázï
Tarthal
wahrheitoderpflicht
XRogerX
zamdam

Cosmos 1100 "S"
06si
4e0rge
=GzR=SmokeyDevil
antuk15
BlazingBloodRed
Admiral Mudkipz
Adrienspawn
almighty15
archimedes916
arfaad
Biggu
BlackandBlue
BrockKincade
Chilly
DK_mz
[email protected]
Doubletap1911
drawde_bono77
driftingforlife
elysion
GuardDawg30
GymieSmallz
Hellraiser1981
iggster
iwok88
Juggalo23451
Karim187
kcklub
KingLeo037
like30ninjas
m!lf_hunt3r
[email protected]
Massive17
matchboss
Minamoto
MM-K
Moltar
nascasho (log)
Newdude
Nlclock
nseaton1
pbabak417
Prodeje79
roningai
Savvas M
♠♠Spade♠♠
simonfzhao
sixsigmamb
special1zed
SpidermanXP7
the animal
The_Parrot
TheRealHeavyG
TheBlah (log)
velociRaptor
Vietnamisthebest
wilkinsb01
wozza_bruv

Cosmos Pure (1000K)
adebisi
Choikum
rameez25
Vule

Black Label Limited Edition
damtachoa
ML Infamous

UltraNEO

Cosmos 1010
nobody?

Errors and omissions: PM me or post in the thread and I'll make the necessary changes
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've purchased a Cosmos for my first time build. Can't wait to get back to the states and start putting it all together! I chose the Cosmos because not only did I love the understated look of it, but for the roominess as well. Have to say that this is one of the better looking cases I've seen.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Does anyone have any issues with air cooling in this case? I've already ordered brand new fans for it (I'll list the fans below). Also, has anyone tried different setups with the fans instead of 3 exhaust and 1 intake?

My fans:

1 x Scythe 3000 Ultra Kaze (intake)
2 x Scythe Slipstream's (top exhaust)
1 x Thermaltake A1926 blue LED fan (rear exhaust)

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
I have the cosmos 1000, great roomy case, well ventilated, dead quiet even when gaming. I want to replace the intake 120x25mm fan. Ill look at the one mentioned above. Anyone know what the cfm's are on the stock fans in the cosmos 1000?

UPDATE:
After cable management modding...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Cable management is good. I didn't even pay attention to the depth specs of the fans when I ordered them. I'm not sure how deep the Kaze is, I was just sort of planning on removing that ******ed fan housing that comes on the stock intake fan.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The stock heatsink surprisingly isn't bad for modest overclocks. According to some anyway. I wouldn't want to rely on it. Then again, I have relied on a stock Dell XPS for the past couple of years. 256mb 7800gtx in the house!

·
Registered
438 Posts
i replaced all my fans with 1900 slipstreams and turned them down to 1200RPM, i can here my raptor working over my fans if that helps lol.

i would highly recommend changing the fans and the kaze ones will be fine, but you will notice a diffrence in noise over stock CM fans :S

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm perfectly comfortable with the noise level, I work on aircraft and am around running jet engines all the time, so I doubt a pc fan will compete haha. Have you tried any different combinations with your fans (ie: 2 intake/2 outtake)? I picked up a 6 chan fan controller, no display on it though.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
well i guess I would be the first Cosmos "Sport" member
here are a few pics did very slight mods which you can see in my worklog (in sig)

pics

innards

its not as cramped as it looks but i got a BIX III (for GPUs) up top a 240GTS (for CPU) in the 5.25" bays and a 120GTS (for NB) in the back.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm wanting to replace the stock sidepanel with a windowed panel. I realize that I could do this myself, but I've encountered two issues: 1) I'm really lazy at times. 2) I'm impatient and want it done now. The solution for me is to buy a new panel with the window already built int. However I've only found one site to sell it and that's frozencpu, but they're sold out. Anyone know where i could find one?

·
Registered
577 Posts
maybe you guys saw my post from earlier today, but here's the window mod i just finished to my Cosmos 1010? PS, does anyone wanna buy this case from me??

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered Cosmos S 1100 and it comes monday at the store and inside the week here in my room.I bought it after many hours of searching in my country's online shops and it looked to me cheap(200Euro) considering other cases and what this one offers...well i am not so experienced but i bought for my brother CMStacker 830SE with 880WPSU for if i remember wright almost 400 and something....well i like to bye with risk and not a lot of searching ...just for mystery ....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OCec3 View Post
Hey OCN, I decided to make this Club in addition to the wonderful Coolermaster Cosmos case, you may join if you have an RC1000 or RC1100 'Sport' Cosmos. I'm not actually sure how many people own Cosmos cases on Overclock.net, since I'm pretty new here i'll have to wait and see how this Club carrys on, i'll make a list of all the people who own Cosmos/Cosmos S cases below.

I'll feature a section of 'Modded' and 'Unmodded' Coolermaster cases, some people I've seen have cut windows on theirs. Also added a load of fans and controllers to it. So I decided to do that. I have a Cosmos myself, it's brand new, on the floor waiting to be filled with my new parts, I would get some pictures but my camera is officially broken.

I'll soon get my camera renewed

Specifications:
Available Color Chassis Appearance: Silver, Bezel: Black
Dimension (W / H / D) (W) 266 x (H) 598 x (D) 628 mm
Weight Net Weight : 16.9 kg ; Gross Weight : 18.9 kg
Material Chassis: Steel, Appearance: AL
Motherboards Extend ATX, ATX
5.25" Drive Bay 5 Exposed (Without the use of exposed 3.5 inch drive bay)
3.5" Drive Bay 6 (Hidden) ; 1 Exposed (converted from one 5.25 inch drive bay)
I/O Panel USB 2.0 x 4, IEEE 1394 x 1, Audio x 1, SPK x 1, eSATA x 1
Cooling System Bottom fan ( intake ) :120 mm x 1, 1200 rpm, 22 dBA (Included),
Top fan (Exhaust) : 120x120x25 mm fan x 2, 1200 rpm, 17 dBA (Included),
Rear fan (Exhaust) : 120x120x25 mm x 1 (Included),
HDD fan : 120x120x25 mm x 1 (Optional),
VGA Wind Tunnel
Expansion Slots 7
Power Supply PS2 / EPS 12V ( Optional )
Other Exclusive Carrying Box

I'm sure the specifications on the S model are different.

Ok, so the people who posts and contributes, i will add their name to the list, I hope this club works, the Cosmos is such a great case.

You may upload pictures of your cases.
If this Club turns out good you may also include a link in your sig

Cosmos S case counts for the club?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yeah, the Cosmos S case is the RC1100, so you're good for the club.

1 - 20 of 766 Posts