Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
After ordering Cosmos S 1100 2 days before I just ordered CM850 Real Power Modular PSU.I have a little bit of concern about the place for the PSU in the case(down) and PSU's fan position.It is only the second system i am building byt i havent see any other case with PSU positioned down to.

I hope our CLUB prevails(i hope i wrote it ok).......

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawtheph View Post
I'm wanting to replace the stock sidepanel with a windowed panel. I realize that I could do this myself, but I've encountered two issues: 1) I'm really lazy at times. 2) I'm impatient and want it done now. The solution for me is to buy a new panel with the window already built int. However I've only found one site to sell it and that's frozencpu, but they're sold out. Anyone know where i could find one?
Frozencpu.com does not have them in stock, but you can send yours to them and they will add the window for full price. I am also lazy and would rather pay to have it done professionally instead of me making a mess out of my new case.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'll sell ya my Cosmos 1010 with the window mod already in it!?! lol, its got the ESA feature (5 PWM fans and 4 thermal sensors)! $165 + Shipping.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmansueto View Post
Frozencpu.com does not have them in stock, but you can send yours to them and they will add the window for full price. I am also lazy and would rather pay to have it done professionally instead of me making a mess out of my new case.
Good to know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_S4NDM4N View Post
I'll sell ya my Cosmos 1010 with the window mod already in it!?! lol, its got the ESA feature (5 PWM fans and 4 thermal sensors)! $165 + Shipping.
Considering I've already bought my Cosmos 1000 and paid 98 dollars to ship the heavy son of a ***** no thanks. I've already got 4 new fans for my Cosmos and a 6 channel fan speed controller for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
whats up, glad to see this thread... I love my new Cosmos S. It was my first system build and I tried to go all out. Didn't want to mess with water cooling, but I did my best with the rest. I'm looking for some advice on exact settings for overclocking the processor (E8400) and vid cards (9800GTX SLi). Never oc'd before so some detailed recommendations would be much appreciated...
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
624 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by archimedes916 View Post
whats up, glad to see this thread... I love my new Cosmos S. It was my first system build and I tried to go all out. Didn't want to mess with water cooling, but I did my best with the rest. I'm looking for some advice on exact settings for overclocking the processor (E8400) and vid cards (9800GTX SLi). Never oc'd before so some detailed recommendations would be much appreciated...
Most people use Riva Tuner to overclock the GPU's. This is done by increasing the Clock Speed, and mermory clock speed. Look on forums to see how much people are overclocking the 9800 gtx, which is pretty high.

For the CPU, i usually just use the overclocking options in the BIOS. If you had an Extreme-series CPU you could increase the Multiplier, which allows you to change the core clock without changing the FSB. Since you do not have an Extreme series CPU, you must increase the FSB in the CPU section of the BIOS, this changes the FSB of the CPU and the core clock. Turn off any options such as, "Linked with ram," or else the ram will attempt to match the FSB of the CPU. I reccomend overclocking the CPU to 3.5 ghz at first, than ratcheting it up higher based on your temps.

If your computer crashes frequently or does not POST correctly, than you have overclocked it too high, or screwed something up in the menu. In this case, your board will reset all the funtions to default.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by noob eater4726 View Post
Most people use Riva Tuner to overclock the GPU's. This is done by increasing the Clock Speed, and mermory clock speed. Look on forums to see how much people are overclocking the 9800 gtx, which is pretty high.

For the CPU, i usually just use the overclocking options in the BIOS. If you had an Extreme-series CPU you could increase the Multiplier, which allows you to change the core clock without changing the FSB. Since you do not have an Extreme series CPU, you must increase the FSB in the CPU section of the BIOS, this changes the FSB of the CPU and the core clock. Turn off any options such as, "Linked with ram," or else the ram will attempt to match the FSB of the CPU. I reccomend overclocking the CPU to 3.5 ghz at first, than ratcheting it up higher based on your temps.

If your computer crashes frequently or does not POST correctly, than you have overclocked it too high, or screwed something up in the menu. In this case, your board will reset all the funtions to default.
After 350 fsb my 800Ghz mem falls down from 1120 Ghz to 720...i havent find any option for the mem.....its imposible to make my pc work with over 350 fsb.....i hope i am missing something otherwise.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
noob eater- I took it up to 3.6 by setting the fsb at 1600. then i ran orthos and everything was stable and looked good. then i tried to take the fsb to 1700 which would have put me at like 3.8GHz. it wouldn't boot at that speed, so i increased the voltage... something happened and I think it had to do with the ram because I didn't turn off the "linked option". the screen was fuzzy upon booting, so i restored all the defaults and now it is still a little fuzzy. I hope I didn't majorly screw anything up. any advise???

thankx for the help bro!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
ok, I was able to get everything back to normal. I know it was the RAM being "linked" that caused the problem because my timings went from 7-7-7-20 up to 9-9-9. So I set it to "unlinked" and I'm going to try again...

I downloaded RivaTuner, but I couldn't figure out how to increase anything (clock speed, memory speed, nothing)...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I finally found a stable setting at 4Ghz & 1.376V. The problem is I downloaded cpu-z and it says my core speed is 2.65Ghz and my multiplyer is x6. In the BIOS my core speed is set at 4Ghz and my multiplyer is x9. What the heck is going on here??? also RAM is back up to 9-9-9 and I didn't set it there..

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a Cosmos 1000. I have really enjoyed it. No mods as of yet. This is my first build so nothing to compare it to really.

I plan on upgrading the fans to start. I was going to upgrade the intake fan to start and see what that does for the cooling. Its fine right now, I idle at about 29C and 48C at load but doing nothing to it wouldnt be any fun.

If anyone has done basic mods to cool it down I would really like to hear what you did and how much of a difference it made. Also I was wondering if anyone has moved there cpu cooler to face vertically instead of horiznontal. Wonder which way did better?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ok Replaced the stock intake fan with a 79CFM fan. Mounted the stock fan in the CD bays blowing in. Cooled my CPU down 2-3 degrees C. My GPU only about 1 degree.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Moved some wires around and took the top off the fan bracket. Seemed to move more air that way. Did not change the temps but I feel better hehe.

Here she is

Hope this thread picks up I would like to talk to other Cosmos owners to see what works well and what doesn't.

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
Archimedes916, when the cpu is in power saving mode it will show the multiplier as 6 instead of 9, thats normal. the second you do anything with the cpu it will jump to full speed

·
Registered
741 Posts
Shaboingboing

Using Coolermaster 110CFM Fans turned down a bit but still can't hear em over the F16's and F4's flying overhead. :) I miss being as a C17 base.

One HUGE downfall to the RC-1000. My two 500GB's get hot. Otherwise nearly perfect.

All I need now is the windowed sidepanel.

·
Registered
590 Posts
^
C-17's=Win

Although I don't really have to deal with the aircraft noise too much considering as I haven't lived on base for 2 years or so. Still, I doubt the fans will be too loud for me considering I'm in close proximity with a running apu most of the time haha. My intake fan is a Ultra Kaze 3000, it's spectacular haha.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Exidous Case looks very nice. I have read if you put a fan blowing into the hard drive bays or one that pulls air out it will cool them down alot.

Love the F-16 didnt know they still flew F-4's and of course you cant beat the C-17 awesome airplane.

Good Luck

21 - 40 of 766 Posts