Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljapilot
View Post

Exidous Case looks very nice. I have read if you put a fan blowing into the hard drive bays or one that pulls air out it will cool them down alot.

Love the F-16 didnt know they still flew F-4's and of course you cant beat the C-17 awesome airplane.

Good Luck

I know F-16's are soon to be on their way out, I was under the impression F-4's were no longer in the fleet haha. Sad considering I'm an aircraft mechanic lol. Oh well, at least I don't work KC-135's or C-130's *shudders*. I love the 17, it barely breaks hard, although I did get to watch one relieve itself of it's number 2 hydraulic system out here in Kuwait haha.

·
Premium Member
20,512 Posts
Here are a few of mine

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Chozart looks awesome!! I like the inside done in black. Is he going to hit the hard drive bays or are they going to stay silver?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Don't forget to clean your intake filters on the bottom of your case!!! I just discovered them myself, as this big turd weighs a metric ton....i made some custom stand offs that lift the thing off the desk another 3 inches to make sure i get enough air into the intake, and it makes it alot easier to get to them. When it was shipped to me the top two fans were blowing into the case...i flipped them to blow out and temps are a few degrees cooler...i would like a more powerful one for intake....any suggestion? No mods for me yet, as i can't bring myself to take a saw to such a pretty case.....maybe later....

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice WC setup for your first build! And to the guy wanting different fans, I suggest checking out some Scythe's, they have a few different styles you may like.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Anyone had any issues with the back panel not closing properly when wires are tucked back there? I found it difficult to get on when the 24pin ATX cable went around the back.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk View Post
Anyone had any issues with the back panel not closing properly when wires are tucked back there? I found it difficult to get on when the 24pin ATX cable went around the back.
That's why I'm getting a Ultra X3 1000w PSU (flat cables) when I get my Cosmos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]
View Post

That's why I'm getting a Ultra X3 1000w PSU (flat cables) when I get my Cosmos.

Great power supply; it's the one you can see in my picture on the last page. The fact that ultra has a patent for it being completely modular is great, as are the flex-force cables!

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey guys,forgive me for being a noob, im new to this and in need of some help. i got my cosmos s today and plan on having 7 fans running plus cpu fan.Fans in pic 1,2,3,5,6 will be Ac Ryan 120mm and 4,7 will be coolermaster 4 in 3 modules. i plan on getting a zalman zmfc2 which will control 4 of the fans. problem is i dont know which 4 i should connect to the controller also which direction each fan should blow for best airflow.i was thinkin 4,5,7 in and others out. your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
20,512 Posts
I have 8 fans running in the cosmos s + the door fan.

I used 3 thermaltake icages on the front. I also had to buy an additional 8 pin eps extension to get the 8 pin to run behind the motherboard.

I also had to maneuver cables around a bit to get the back door on smoothly.

I also had to remove the fans from the inside of the top of the case and move them to on top of the case, otherwise you can't use the top drive bay (dvd drives and icages etc bang into it)

One thing I can say is that from a wiring perspective, this case is amazing. I had the coolermaster stacker 830 which is a really great case but it had horrible wiring. I think the big issue is that cases with removable motherboard trays cannot route wires easily.

• Rep+
Reactions: mrlulley

·
Registered
250 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk View Post
Hey Alex I had trouble with that as well. I had to cut the foam out of the door to get it to close properly. I did not have to cut all the foam out just in certain areas.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
20,512 Posts
the cosmos s fortunately does not have the foam (it is louder though)

41 - 60 of 766 Posts