Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay my friend doesn't like Fedora and she wants to get ri of it. One problem though, even after trying a vista install disk and then a XP install disk I am still able to boot into Fedora like nothing happened. Do I need to reformat the hard drive to a format suitable for Windows? What command or application would I use to accomplish this? Why doesn't my friend like Fedora QQ

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
I would use a live disk and use the partition manager. In Ubuntu, that's under System>Preferences or System>Administration. Then just format it to NTFS.

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
I'm sure other distros have partition managers, I was just using Ubuntu as an example because that's what I'm most comfortable with.

·
cd C:\TEMP\
2,309 Posts
Wasn't there options to format the HDD when you were trying to install XP or Vista?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenailedone View Post
Wasn't there options to format the HDD when you were trying to install XP or Vista?
nope, but they were restore disks, I didn't notice until I checked to see if they were scratched.

·
cd C:\TEMP\
2,309 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenmoth08 View Post
nope, but they were restore disks, I didn't notice until I checked to see if they were scratched.
Ah... ok... then I guess you should use your Linux disc to basically remove all partitions of your disc and then install Windows (I am sure even the restore discs will identify an empty HDD and format it appropriately)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts