Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source


Quote:
CHEAT ENGINES

Cheating players have been an issue for a number of you in the Dark Zone, and we've heard this feedback loud and clear. We are strengthening our efforts to address this problem, as described below.

First, we have implemented new cheat detection methods that have allowed us to identify many more players currently using cheat engines in the game. We have already caught more cheaters in the last few days than we had in total during the previous weeks. As a result, we will be handing out the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date over the course of the next few days.

Second, when cheaters are caught, we will now apply a suspension of 14 days on first offense (instead of the previous 3 day initial suspension). Second offense will always be a permanent ban.

We anticipate these two changes will noticeably improve your experience. New upgrades on cheat detection are underway.
Quote:
BUG EXPLOITS

What is a bug exploit?

An exploit is the active triggering and use of a bug or glitch to bypass established game rules in order to gain a significant advantage or skip progression steps otherwise necessary.

Identifying and fixing bugs before releasing new content is one of the most important parts of game development. This is also the best way to guarantee a smooth and enjoyable experience for our players. Learning from the past and your great feedback, we are currently reviewing our development and testing process to further minimize the amount and impact of these bugs going forward.

Unfortunately, we cannot simulate the experience that millions of different players will have, and how they will play the game. As a result, some bugs may make it through testing, and may be present when an update is deployed. In the event that a bug makes it into the game, and this bug can be used by players to gain an advantage, we need to be able to react and fix it, but also dissuade players from exploiting this bug until it is fixed. This is why moving forward we will adopt a stronger stance against players abusing exploits.

Our first step is to give you clearer and more concrete visibility. Should new bugs be discovered, we will quickly confirm if these are considered exploits. All known exploits will be clearly listed in a public forum thread and across our various communication platforms. We want all players to be informed. This will ensure that those caught after an exploit was confirmed are aware of the consequences and actions that can be taken against them.

Second, sanctions will be implemented for players who repeatedly abuse exploits and will vary depending on the severity of the abuse, as well as the history of the player. Possible sanctions include character rollbacks, account suspensions and permanent bans. Those who encounter bugs during the normal course of play have absolutely nothing to worry about.
 

·
Data Recovery Engineer
Joined
·
20,225 Posts
Good on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
cheating should be a perma ban on the first offence, like most games. Having a 2-strikes policy only encourage people to try the cheats once knowing that they won't get perma ban. In games like CSGO, many people is scared to try cheats because they know that the risk is high, 1 strike and you are out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake88 View Post

cheating should be a perma ban on the first offence, like most games. Having a 2-strikes policy only encourage people to try the cheats once knowing that they won't get perma ban. In games like CSGO, many people is scared to try cheats because they know that the risk is high, 1 strike and you are out.
I think the reason they make 2 strike policy is because is this game is not competitive (in term of PvP )as CS:GO, so is not worth it to lose customer base with such as high standard, just look at GTA, is a 3 Strike policy
 

·
I Am Gooble Gobble
Joined
·
6,668 Posts
in all honesty. if you get nailed using an aimbot or wallhack you should be permabanned instantly. i can understand 2 strikes for say bug exploits. but blatant cheating? no
 

·
Official Luddite of OCN
Joined
·
5,730 Posts
Can someone even explain the purpose of cheating to me? Been gaming for over two decades now and I still don't get the point. Where is the fun in the game at that point? Permban is fine by me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,105 Posts
I'm okay with the 2 strike policy as long as they improve how quickly they are banning people. If the dude runs around for a week cheating before he is banned I'd prefer 1 strike, but if this new process they have is banning people day of I have no issues with them saying sit out for 2 weeks and if you do it agian your gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,279 Posts
Good, gooood. Next up on the agenda... chat spam bots.

Really though, as a different post said, the main reason i'm not a daily player anymore is due to server issues. The lag is unbearable anymore, so, i'll just wait for a major improvement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDarkTempler View Post

I think the reason they make 2 strike policy is because is this game is not competitive (in term of PvP )as CS:GO, so is not worth it to lose customer base with such as high standard, just look at GTA, is a 3 Strike policy
Thing is, all shooters are competitive. Ofc, you can't compare the division to an esport like CSGO, but the "essence" of multiplayer shooter games is competition, and nothing hurts more the competition than cheaters. I'm ok with the 3 strikes policy in an open world game, or a pve oriented mmo, but on a pvp shooter? no way, ban hammer.

If people know that they can cheat once and get away with it, they will do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,510 Posts
Ha! I understand and agree with banning players who use cheat enginea, but NOT those who use exploits! Exploits are BUGS and its up to developers to fix these bugs, but banning players for simply experiencing BUGS is ridiculous. Instead, developers need to put more effort into fixing these bugs, rather than focusing on punishing players who used game's bugs to their advantage.

I haven't used cheats or exploits personally because it ruins the fun and experience, but some people are competetive and will use whatever LEGIT methods to go as far as they can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
They should honestly just completely wipe the characters account on top of the 2 week suspension. Whats the point in not being able to play when they have allready cheated their way to power? ( correct me if i am wrong on punishment )

It sucks a lot of the people who have cheated their way to complete overpowered state are still around and it took them too long to react.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

Can someone even explain the purpose of cheating to me? Been gaming for over two decades now and I still don't get the point. Where is the fun in the game at that point? Permban is fine by me.
Guess you didn't remember the good 'ol Age of Empires, Warcraft, and Age of Mythology cheats :p? Made the game far, FAR more fun to play.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

Guess you didn't remember the good 'ol Age of Empires, Warcraft, and Age of Mythology cheats
tongue.gif
? Made the game far, FAR more fun to play.
o'canada
tongue.gif
And then you get an invincible army of super fast, laser shooting, super health regenerating bears
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

Can someone even explain the purpose of cheating to me? Been gaming for over two decades now and I still don't get the point. Where is the fun in the game at that point? Permban is fine by me.
Why not give it a shot and see? Everybody gets one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,260 Posts
Do away with suspensions. You don't need to remind cheaters that what they're doing is wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAlkaiser View Post

They should honestly just completely wipe the characters account on top of the 2 week suspension. Whats the point in not being able to play when they have allready cheated their way to power? ( correct me if i am wrong on punishment )

It sucks a lot of the people who have cheated their way to complete overpowered state are still around and it took them too long to react.
+100

I really think they should lead by example and ban exploiters too.
If someone leaves they're house unlocked does it make it any less wrong if you open it and steal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
This is the very definition of closing the barn doors after the cows have already left. The game was a complete exploit fest from the very beginning and a lot of players exploited the bullet king to max out their gear in the opening week. The multitude of other exploits were just icing on the cake.

It is too late to fix because there are swarms of players who have the best gear available already and who have enough phoenix credits saved up that they don't need to exploit anymore to stay ahead of the fresh meat that came late to the party.

The hacking is minor imho compared to the exploiting that happened in the opening weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,770 Posts
I don't cheat but incremental bans seem to be more 'fair.' just because someone cheats the first few times doesn't mean they should be permanently banned off the bat. Give them some time and let it sink in. They'll eventually leave on their own or end up being conforming to the rules.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,518 Posts
With games, I disagree. You knowingly take the time to download/mod/make cheats/hacks, you know the risks. If they want to continue playing, they should just need to buy a new game.
 

·
Just a Crazy Cat in a Box
Joined
·
5,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

Can someone even explain the purpose of cheating to me? Been gaming for over two decades now and I still don't get the point. Where is the fun in the game at that point? Permban is fine by me.
Only games I ever used cheats or cheat codes in was PSO ep1&2 and Vigilante 8. Though, the glitches in PSO ep1&2 I used was to dupe my weapons for backups onto spare characters since the game was notorious for causing corrupt save data on Gamecube memory sticks or the funky glitch you do with the teleporter spell that allowed to infinite respawn the monsters for grinding
biggrin.gif
. For Vigilante 8 was just for pure silly ness (low gravity cheat code was a blast).
tongue.gif
Though, for competitive games I definitely understand the dislike for cheats. Plus, sounds no fun for those types of games. But hell, there peeps who cheat on F2P games or P2W games.
rolleyes.gif
(I tend to take pleasure in kicking their arse in those games using skill)
tongue.gif
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top