Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lazy and have read through the watercooling guide. I have come the conclusion it is too much work to do everthing myself. I started looking around on the internet and found some stuff like this http://svc.com/koexalexlico.html
Is 200 bucks way to much for one of those things, What else would I have to buy, or should I even bother with water cooling and just get more fans? Any opinions are helpful. All I want is the best cheapest/performance/easy ratio (If only it were that simple). Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
ach, don't do it! They only cool as good as decent air cooling...and that only costs ~$50. Lando has a pre-made "order list" that he's posted on a couple threads, and ultimately you aren't going to do any more work by ordering individual parts, then installing them, or by ordering a pre-assembled kit, then installing it.
Quick and easy parts list: Danger Den heater core, 1x120mm Sunon fan, MCW-6002 cpu block, Mag3 or MCP650 pump (Mag3 is about half the price, but requires sealing the shaft with sealant), reservoir (single- or dual-bay), tubing and clamps (both from home depot).

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds good. Right now my cpu is running at 37*C idle how much could water cooling bring that down???

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoAffinity

Maybe 10C max. What are ambient temps normally?

By ambient do mean my case temps, that is at 34C and my cpu temp at the orginal speed is like 35C.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
That equates to ~26-27C. An efficient WC system will maintain ~5C above room temperature under load. With that in mind, it is also certainly possible that your mobo temp sensor is not accurate. So, it could be possible to knock ~10C off your current load temps, but if that were the case, then it would be assumed that the mobo sensor does read low.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
make sure your really under load i found i rarely was under load even in games...
once i started folding giving the folding ap access to all my proc power
my temps hit above 120f or almost 50c.. Im about to water cool /tec this system

So in another words GET FOLDINGBUT ONLY IF YOU want to

·
Registered
391 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

make sure your really under load i found i rarely was under load even in games...
once i started folding giving the folding ap access to all my proc power
my temps hit above 120f or almost 50c.. Im about to water cool /tec this system

So in another words GET FOLDINGBUT ONLY IF YOU want to

you can also run seti or prime95 to five your puter a nice load. These will also use 100% of your cpu.

Or you can encode a huge video file.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts