Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the way it works now is terrible, don't know about the other forums in the Marketplace, since I don't have enough rep to actually use those yet. The problem is that, even though the prefixes are available, they're rarely used correctly to define a freebie as finished, which means there are hundreds of freebies in there that don't show they've been over for a while.

There could be 2 solutions for this:

1. Create a new sub-forum that Moderators can move finished freebies into, this will keep the freebie section clean, and clutter-free, and once the initial batch has been processed, it shouldn't be too hard to maintain (couple of threads every week).

2. Enforce the correct use of the prefixes, although I don't see how easy it would be to actually do this.

Something else, the use of the correct [US], [CAN], [EU], [UK], one for non-free shipping, whatever; should be more encouraged in the Freebie section, they're widely accepted in the For Sale forum, but not in the Freebie forum.

Hope I didn't come across as whiny, and ungrateful, because I'm not whining, and I am grateful, just saying I was feeling like something should be gone to fix this. Anyway, thanks in advance!

·
15,777 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts