Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 598 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I open this thread so that all members are able to share their information and discuss GeForce 9 series GPU here. I greatly appreciate your supports.

nVidia is very tight lipped about their new GeForce 9 series GPU in terms 2008 road map as well the product naming scheme and price structure. The specs of GeForce 9 series GPU lists here is unofficial. I will update it as soon as the official data is available.

For all GeForce 9 series GPUs owners, if you would like to share your information, (which I encourage you to do), please provide your information. I will list you in the GeForce 9 series owner's list.

Currently, we don't have a feature that allows multi members maintain a thread. This is very important because we have many members who have exceptional knowledge and great experiences. Their valuable inputs will definitely enrich and make this thread informative. Therefore, I encourage members provide information related to GeForce 9 series GPU and suggestion on how to maintain this thread. You post the information under the main thread. I will create a link pointing to your post under your name. In this way, you have all credits. Viewers can go to your post to view the contents. I encourage viewers give rep to these members if you find their information is helpful. This is the best way for you to appreciate their efforts.

Geforce 9 Series GPU Thread Signature tag

Code:
Code:
[CODE]
[center][url="http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/277311-geforce-9-series-gpu-info-thread.html"]:bruce:[b]Geforce 9 Series GPU Information Thread[/b][/url][/center]
[/CODE]
To add this to your signature, go to User CP, edit signature, copy the code above, paste there and save.

Geforce 9 Series GPU Information Thread

Table of Contents

• Latest GeForce 9 series GPU Information And Discussion
  • GeForce 9 series GPU Owners
  • GeForce 9 series GPU Reference Specs
  • Retail GeForce 9 series GPU Specs and Manufactuers List
  • GeForce 9 series GPU Pictures Gallery
  • Reference Benchmark

Latest GeForce 9 series GPU Information And Discussion

NVIDIA GPU Roadmap for first half of 2008
NVIDIA GPU Roadmap for first half of 2008 is out. The GeForce 9 series GPU are still using 65nm and won't expect to change until second half of 2008.
  • GeForce 9800 GX2 in March timeframe.
  • GeForce 9800 GTX in March timeframe. This card will support Tri-SLI.
  • GeForce 9800 GT/GS in March / April timeframe.
  • GeForce 9600 GT in Feb 14 and will fall in line below the 8800 GT, but give better performance than the GeForce 8600 GTS. Price point will be at $169 in retail. nVidia are planning on carrying this GPU throughout 2008. 9600GT designs to replace 8600GT/GTS. In the intial stage, it claims 90% faster than the GeForce 8600 but will slow than 8800GT/GS.
GeForce 9800 GT salty specs detailed
Details Here.

9800GX2, 9800GTX, 9800GT and HD3870X2

Quote:

Expreview

Details Here.

3DMark Vantage : 3870X2 vs 9800GX2

Quote:

Source

GeForce 9 Owner List

Below is a list of some of the current GeForce 9 owners. If you would like to share the your information, please provide the following information: Owner Name, Manufacturer Name, Model #, Memory Size, Core Clock (stock/OC), Shader Clock (stock/OC), Memory Clock (stock/OC), SLI, GPU HS, GPU Idle Temperature, GPU Load Temp, Processor, CPU Speed, System Memory, Motherboard, 3DMark06 score and OS (operation system).

Please feel free to contact me to change your information.

GeForce 9 series GPU Reference Specs

The specs of GeForce 9 series GPU lists here is unofficial. I will update it as soon as the official data is available.

GeForce 9 Series Pictures Gallery

Featured 9600GT Cards. Click Here For The Larger Size of 9600GT Images

Retail 9600GT Specs, Manufacturers List

Here is a list of the current 9600GT cards that are available as of today. This list will be updated as more information is released. The default core clock is set at 650 MHz, shader clock at 1625 MHz and memory clock at 900MHz. (Data that is not specified by the manufacturer with be denoted with an * (asterisk).

Retail 9800GX2 Specs, Manufacturers List

Here is a list of the current 9800GX2 cards that are available as of today. This list will be updated as more information is released. The default core clock is set at 600 MHz, shader clock at 1500 MHz and memory clock at 1000MHz. Make sure you have a good 600W PSU with 40A on 12v rails and one 8 pin PCIE power connector. (Data that is not specified by the manufacturer with be denoted with an * (asterisk).

Retail 9800GTX Specs, Manufacturers List

Here is a list of the current 9800GTX cards that are available as of today. This list will be updated as more information is released. The default core clock is set at 675 MHz, shader clock at 1688 MHz and memory clock at 1100MHz. Make sure you have a good 450W PSU with 26A on 12v rails. 550W with 32A on 12v rails. Two 6-pin PCIE power connectors. (Data that is not specified by the manufacturer with be denoted with an * (asterisk).

GeForce 9600GT reviews
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 Reviews

·
Super Moderator
23,729 Posts
Very nice lins
i'll keep an eye out for more information

·
Not new to Overclock.net
293 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan0550
View Post

Will be a 9600GT better than a 8800GT?? =/

I doubt it, the 9600GT will fall under the x6xx models. It's like a 8600GT vs. 7800GT, however i may be wrong.

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
Kool,looking forward to see some more info on this

·
Registered
764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by linskingdom
View Post

• GeForce 9800 GTX in February / March timeframe. This card will support Tri-SLI.
  • GeForce 9800 GT in March / April timeframe.
how sure are the sources with those 2 cards?

and will they be more than 1.6x faster than 8800GTX?

finally, their price range?

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuyanxu
View Post

how sure are the sources with those 2 cards?

and will they be more than 1.6x faster than 8800GTX?

finally, their price range?

I don't have the price information yet. Hope we have next few weeks.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by GI_Manny
View Post

Hey lins, heres to another 300 reps for you! LOL

Thanks. Actually most of them were helping others build rigs, OC and troubleshooting etc as you see my posts all the places. Need to shut up for awhile.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great thread.

It seems it will come down to 9800gtx or 9800gt for me depending on whether the 9800gtx isn't too much for my psu and can fit in my case. If not I will go for the 9800gt, not planning to upgrade the case and psu right now. Might be willing to upgrade the psu if thats the only thing preventing me from getting the gtx.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I heard there are going to be a million proc on that card? true? maybe? NOT!

you'll know when it comes out.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Its only going to be faster if SLI is enabled right?
But the Ultra would still own that thing if you play without SLI right?
Is the 1024mb ram shared or on its own?
If it ain't shared then its still only 512?
Is the 512bit bus not shared either?
Then it'd only be 256 right?

1 - 20 of 598 Posts