Teaser Poster

*IMPROVED*

Release Poster

*IMPROVED*

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way I was simply kidding if you did not understand, before I waste ink printing this off for a school project is there anything that should be changed?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
If Steve McQueen aint goin', I'm not either.

I think Blob would agree with me on this one.

Also...Remakes SUCK! (Sorry, I usually have a personal rule against "this sucks" vs. "this rules/rawks" posts, but it had to be said.)

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
First Poster:
-Consider capitolizing "History" to match "Relive"

Second Poster:
-I don't like the font used for "break free" and "July 7." It is too distracting.
-I don't think you should distort the "PG" thing on the bottom left. It has to be ledgible
-I would move the three names at the top above your "fade-out layer" assuming you have one. I don't think they should fade out with the picture
-Consider blurring the background of Bruce a little more. It doesn't feel right
-The MGM logo in the 2nd picture feels like it's floating above the poster. Like I said earlier I think the PG thing and July 7 should be changed. Consider simply making it black at the bottom with white text, or perhaps vica versa. Even if it is just a semi-transparent black/gray box... you need to "seperate" the bottom from the rest somehow.

Hope that helps
. I love the first one... looks great. 2nd one is not too bad
. Make sure when you turn it in that you give credit where credit is due. I'm assuming you stole at lot of those images from somewhere, so its important to cite them.

• Rep+
Reactions: OJX

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjolnir

If Steve McQueen aint goin', I'm not either.

I think Blob would agree with me on this one.

Also...Remakes SUCK! (Sorry, I usually have a personal rule against "this sucks" vs. "this rules/rawks" posts, but it had to be said.)

Wow it worked even after I wrote down that it's my project

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInformationator

First Poster:
-Consider capitolizing "History" to match "Relive"

Second Poster:
-I don't like the font used for "break free" and "July 7." It is too distracting.
-I don't think you should distort the "PG" thing on the bottom left. It has to be ledgible
-I would move the three names at the top above your "fade-out layer" assuming you have one. I don't think they should fade out with the picture
-Consider blurring the background of Bruce a little more. It doesn't feel right
-The MGM logo in the 2nd picture feels like it's floating above the poster. Like I said earlier I think the PG thing and July 7 should be changed. Consider simply making it black at the bottom with white text, or perhaps vica versa. Even if it is just a semi-transparent black/gray box... you need to "seperate" the bottom from the rest somehow.

Hope that helps
. I love the first one... looks great. 2nd one is not too bad
. Make sure when you turn it in that you give credit where credit is due. I'm assuming you stole at lot of those images from somewhere, so its important to cite them.

Good points, I fixed the PG thing already, having a hard time to figure out what font to use, is "break free" even look like it belongs in the poster at all?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OJX

Wow it worked even after I wrote down that it's my project

?

Oh, I thought this was an actual studio project that you were creating posters for as a homework assignment.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I would do this to fix the break free problem:

1) Darken and gaussian blur the Bruce Willis Background
2) Use a very simple font (think "Arial" here) and in fairly small letters (but bigger than the credits) put:

Break Free
July 7th

(centered with one line after the other of course)

If you don't like Break Free at all you could just do my idea except without it. It's not necessary, but I like the idea.

If all else fails just replace your background with this and you're all good:

rofl... I found this and just couldn't resist posting it.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInformationator

I would do this to fix the break free problem:

1) Darken and gaussian blur the Bruce Willis Background
2) Use a very simple font (think "Arial" here) and in fairly small letters (but bigger than the credits) put:

Break Free
July 7th

(centered with one line after the other of course)

If you don't like Break Free at all you could just do my idea except without it. It's not necessary, but I like the idea.

If all else fails just replace your background with this and you're all good:

rofl... I found this and just couldn't resist posting it.

Give me a min or two.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright all done, spent 5 minutes trying to figure out why it wont upload 2mb images, had to cut down on a bit of quality in the 2nd one, what do you think?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Hey, sorry I've taken so long to reply. I have a massive Pathophysiology final tomorrow and I've been studying most of the day
. Overclock.net has been my "study break" every 30 minutes or so.

They look better!

I think the only final tweaks you should do are to
-make a semitransparent box at the bottom (like the example I made attached)...
-to highlight all of the white in the "PG" box.... to give it a 1 or 2 feather... then delete it all...
-darken the bruce willis background so there is more contrast... it just feels too bright and washed out

On the first one, it looks great. The text looks slightly off-center. To help you center you can go to View>Rulers and/or View>Show>Grid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts