1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Wait, what the hell changed?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Got one too as well at Microcenter.Also ordered 2 more at newegg and will see if those are the same.Go to the 465GTX mod thread and post a pic of the actual memory chips like i did and we can be members of the club
.But i think you need to change your pics cause those are still the stock GTX465 specs.

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
So, they didn't laser cut them out. Surely an unlocked 465 is identical to a 470 then?

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by D3TH.GRUNT View Post
the cuda cores went from the 465's 352 or so to the 470's 448 cores.
Thanks, but it's still not quite a GTX470 because it still doesn't have the 1280mb of memory, and thats the only difference now?

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk View Post
So, they didn't laser cut them out. Surely an unlocked 465 is identical to a 470 then?
its the exact same core that the 470 used, think amd's deneb architecture being used in the 550BE and the 720BE, unlocking just allows the cores to all work. I think the only difference is the amount of memory and clock speeds.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Wow!!!! Like I have been saying, Nvidia did this on purpose! This is the 8800 GTX effect that people have been looking for. It sounds like an exaggeration, but think about the price of this card and how it can easily be changed to a 470. This is awesome.

·
Administrator
64,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk
View Post

It is but Nvidia will get wise to this and stop this soon I guarantee it. I bought a 470 recently..luckily I got it at a 465 Price lol

·
Registered
660 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by D3TH.GRUNT
View Post

the cuda cores went from the 465's 352 or so to the 470's 448 cores.

Ahh,I see that now too.But shoudn't the ROP's,memory size and bus width change too?Or is that depending on what bios you put into it?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What did I do wrong, look at the shaders!

Edit: Physx was on sorry I'm a noob at Nvidia GPU's havent had one in a while but look at the GPU-score

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.