Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, newbs back again!

i know that pretty much everyone has recommended that i get the xp-120, but it is so hard to find! and i hate waiting for the upgrades!

so i have decided on the hyper6 coolmaster, and wanted to hear some feedback,

i have read that the performance is quite legendary in the heatsink world and it seems like it competes with the 120, of course at 80x the weight,

anyone got any feedback on the hyper6, it would be much appreciated

especiallly, is this thing gonna just snap my mobo with its weight? will the regular brackets even hold this thing down to the mobo?

all input is appreciated...

oh yeah, i have antec silver thermal, instead of hte famed as5, its all the same right...?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thermal Grease: Theoretically yes, practically No, it will probably work well enough however.

as for the Hyper 6. I found the weight too daunting so I bought an xp-120 I mean a kilogram of copper attached to my motherboard does not sound fun. The regular bracket is not good enough, however coolermaster includes a bracket and a backplate. The cooler master uses 1 or 2 80mm fans so it will obviously be louder than an xp-120 at the same RPM rating. It does have one extra heatpipe though so thats a pro (I had to find something). Personally, I would buy the xp-120 from frozencpu.com since its 50 bucks and they have it in stock, but if you do buy the coolermaster hyper6 NEVER, I repeat, NEVER move your computer with it on, a reviewer at a site ended up with a dead motherboard after doing that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts