Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I don't know about you, but with all the sitting I do on a computer, I feel like I need to bring back health and fitness into my life. I previously lost 100 pounds and have a pretty good idea of how to lose/gain weight and manipulate my body. I thought I'd start a thread for any of you that may have questions and have a community resource available for those that may need a change.

I have also committed to starting a youtube series if anybody wants to follow me through my personal journey to better myself, it's available here

Let's all be a little healthier
biggrin.gif

·
What should be here ?
5,737 Posts
Not sure I would wanna be healthy. I wreck any opponent as it is in CS, so not sure what being healthy would add more to it ?

On Topic: We already have a fitness / workout thread in OffTopic that you can visit and there are a lot of hot Dude's & Dude'ettes posting there and looking for advice.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzug View Post

Not sure I would wanna be healthy. I wreck any opponent as it is in CS, so not sure what being healthy would add more to it ?

On Topic: We already have a fitness / workout thread in OffTopic that you can visit and there are a lot of hot Dude's & Dude'ettes posting there and looking for advice.
That's weird, my search brought up nothing, will look again. Also, you gotta get those siiik reflexes from proper diet and exercise brah.

·
Premium Member
18,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom55520 View Post

Hey guys, I don't know about you, but with all the sitting I do on a computer, I feel like I need to bring back health and fitness into my life. I previously lost 100 pounds and have a pretty good idea of how to lose/gain weight and manipulate my body. I thought I'd start a thread for any of you that may have questions and have a community resource available for those that may need a change.

I have also committed to starting a youtube series if anybody wants to follow me through my personal journey to better myself, it's available here

Let's all be a little healthier
biggrin.gif
Wait, you lost 100 pounds??? That's like 65% my entire weight and even I feel like I need to lose some weight!

Anyway, I lost about 7kg/16 pounds since Feb by just cutting out beer. Replaced it with gin and tonic instead. Beer was just a massive amount of unecessary calories. Also, stopped eating fast food, now maybe once every 2 weeks.

Also replaced other carbs with something more healthy. E.g. instead of pasta, I generally eat courgette spaghetti. Tastes amazing when fried in a tiny bit of oil and with a lot of pepper.

I'm not aiming to be hench, rather bring my expected BMI back into the middle healthy weight (was up the top end of the healthy scale before).

Just losing that 7kg/16 pounds has made a massive difference in my squash game. I'm able to play a bit longer and with greater agility. I don't think i'll ever go back to that stage of drinking a few beers every night or so, just empty calories.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts