Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Windows Lobbyist
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My friend has a problem. The problem can be seen on the picture below. Is that should be his GPU or the monitor itself?
Thanks!

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Can't see the picture either. Simple test; plug his monitor into a computer that you know works (like yours?). That will allow you to rule out the monitor.

Never forget though, then answer can also be "both".

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Wow, freaky! I still don't know what it is though. Can you test the monitor on a different computer?

If not, try unplugging the monitor. It should show a "No connection" box, or something similar. If the effects are still there then, it is the monitor. However if they are not it still doesn't rule out the monitor.

·
Legacy Member
2,246 Posts
Damn...............

Well try to plug the pc into either another monitor or a television. This is realistically the best way to troubleshoot and save yourself some time.

Let us know your results.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
That just looks weird. Check the connection. If it isn't the connection, test the monitor on another computer. If it's the monitor, you'll have to get a new one. If it's the graphics card, you'll need a new one.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Judging by that pic, the monitor is at fault.

Horizontal lines are usually artifacts or the monitor ****ing up, but those circles... whoa, I think that is definatly the monitor.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
maybe the monitors damaged?

·
Banned
2,952 Posts
Your signature is longer then what is acceptable by the overclock.net TOS.

Please shorten it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trojan92 View Post
maybe the monitors damaged?

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Looks like the monitor might have been dropped. The lines look like issues with the electronics, and the circles look like physical damage to the LCD.

At least, until the results of plugging the monitor to a different computer come in

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Try hitting auto when you start the computer. It looks almost like the lines are streched from the windows logo. The circles may from the logo as well.
The odd thing is that the logo is not centered as it should be which leads me to believe that either the screen needs to be auto scaled. Or that something in the cable is bad. Usually issues with the cable only show color problems unless it is on the sync side of things.

·
Windows Lobbyist
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I spoke with him, he tried it and the problem is with the monitor. Thanks for the comments!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts