Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts? I was looking over and over reviews on youtube but most of them are crappy unboxing stuff with no actual useful information whatsoever. Im searching for alu mat/hard mat only (mostly alu) with icy feel to it for Mamba 4g - I dont want to "use force" (yey) to move my mouse.

But rest of reviews "say" something like this, lets see:

1.Vespula
2.Destructor
3.Ironclad/SS SX (loving the Ironclad look, but its kind of grippy (true?) and problematic)

Is that correct? Any other suggestion ? Size/price - doesn't matter. Would like minimalistic look tho with no artwork over it.

Right now Im using old SS Steel 4D - after 5 years glide side surface feel like it was sanded and polished... but just in one area - and Im searching for surface feel similar to it or even better.

Thank You!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had the destructor. It caused extremely amount of problems with my lachesis mouse. Due the surface, the mouse kept jumping all over the screen. Don't know if it was due the Mouse or combination of Mouse/pad, but I would avoid the destructor .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorstorm
View Post

I had the destructor. It caused extremely amount of problems with my lachesis mouse...

Hmm first time reading such things about destructor, but was it the best pad for you in in terms of sliding ?

After load of reading i belive the SteelSeries SX is the best option for me, tho i cant find anyone to confirm that...

What about SS icemats ? Are they still grippy as old (5years or so) ones ?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I use SteelSeries SX, 9HD, razer scarab in blackOps, bc2, arma2OA, bf3 (coming). I turn 360 in 2 inch, slippery fast mousepad is part of my life.
I prefer not buy anything old.
Even It's awesome using SX in the hot summer time, But it eats up mouse feet so fast!
I guess the latest pads have better materials for today's new mouse.
FYI I'm a FPS gamers with ikari laser & naga.
Hope this help
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been told that using your mouse on the razer scarab feels like driving a car on black ice, lol. It just glides like no other!

Can't 100% confirm that just yet tho. Won't know for sure till tuesday when mine arrives. :>

High hopes for it!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have an old Steelpad/SteelSeries S&S. Compared to my 5L and QCK it's pretty fast, but it is a plastic based hard pad.

·
Registered
451 Posts
There's an odd effect I've experienced with plastic-alike mats, the mouse glides well from certain speed on but on lower speed / precise movements the mouse kinda like sticks from place to place (too high static friction and low dynamic friction)... and it's kinda annoying.
I wanted to try another hard mat, what would you suggest that doesn't have t he other issue?

·
Registered
241 Posts
The Steelseries S&S is the most slippery mousepad I've ever used. Actually, it was too slick for me. It turns out I needed more friction for more predictable control (i.e. stopping precision). With my medium sense mousing style, I tended to overshoot the mark, and then have to correct back. I used it long enough to get used to it and give it a fair chance (~2 months), but I didn't use it long enough to show any wear, so I can't comment on long-term durability. If you're a high-sense mouser, the S&S might work well for you.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Destructor is faster than the Vespula. I have a RAT7 and before that I had a Deathadder. The Deathadder scratched up the speed part of the mousepad and now its not even fast. I don't use the speed side of the pad anymore because the control has a much better feel to it. My friend has the Mamba + Destructor and his mousepad still glides like day 1 and he games more than me.

If you don't want to invest in good mousefeet, you can invest in mousetape. Basically its a piece of tape you apply to your mouse feet to make them glide super smooth. I have been using them for years now and everytime I change the tape (once every few months) the mouse glides like crazy.

·
Registered
276 Posts
start here http://www.hyperglide.net/
or here: http://www.puretrak.com/products

Then look into something like the Steelseries Experience I-2, Artisen Hayate, XTrac Hard Surface, or something similar. Should slide like melting butter in a sauce pan.

Personally I think this would be a little too much glide. I use an Xtrac hybrid and find it to strike a great balance. It feels slick but doesn't feel like the mouse is floating on ice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts