The xps website
check out the webcast if u have time

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frostbite
Its still a dell
So? Just because you cant overclock it doesnt mean its a bad computer. Dell's are the best non Alienware prebuilds out there. I think it will be sweet, if a bit over priced.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
It will be greatly overpriced...and I really wanna know how they're gonna overclock it to 4.26GHz (alienware-esque watercooling?)

Cool case though! Do the Dell badges come off? lol

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
that thing....is godly....omg

even with that dual core intel....that graphics card makes up for it.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
I think that it will cost over $6000 dollars from dell. You could built one that out performs it for $2000. Plus... its a dell.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421
It will be greatly overpriced...and I really wanna know how they're gonna overclock it to 4.26GHz (alienware-esque watercooling?)

Cool case though! Do the Dell badges come off? lol
XPS's come with HUGE (and I mean HUGE) heatpipe heatsinks. Dell dosn't use that stupid green duct thing (I think) in the more expensive XPS's. But sereously, you will pay half the price if you build it yourself, and it will probabally look better too. Building computers is veeeerrrry easy, easier than most people think. People just think of computer building as overwhelming, because they don't know the simplicity of cases, and how components are built to be easy to install. Also, a lot of my n00bish friends think that you have to solder the CPU to the socket!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
i thought that thing was too expensive when i saw them advertising it on tv,
could be cheaper if u buy the components separately and build it urself

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
that laptop looks sick

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Hopefully Nvidia will shair some of their dual core board secrets with their manufactors. I know there already is a few dual core boards out there, but they didnt get as good performance, or so I read.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2
XPS's come with HUGE (and I mean HUGE) heatpipe heatsinks. Dell dosn't use that stupid green duct thing (I think) in the more expensive XPS's. But sereously, you will pay half the price if you build it yourself, and it will probabally look better too. Building computers is veeeerrrry easy, easier than most people think. People just think of computer building as overwhelming, because they don't know the simplicity of cases, and how components are built to be easy to install. Also, a lot of my n00bish friends think that you have to solder the CPU to the socket!!

wait...wait...no, you can't build a computer AT THIS TIME...that outperforms it, you can't just buy that sli graphics card, and that thing will pwn the hell out of any sli 7800gtx 512s out there. that graphics card will give it the upper hand, you could build one that rivals its performance, but not exceed it.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2

No.. you cant. The card is OEM only, not retail.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

I think that it will cost over $6000 dollars from dell. You could built one that out performs it for $2000. Plus... its a dell.

Are you serious? Outperforms that for only $2000?!!!!

That baby has 2GB of ram for just the graphics man!

That alone is prolly 2 grand for just the vid cards! Get real ppl! Dell is coming up in the game so dont hate the player...Hate the game!

I have a DELL myself and nothings ever gone wrong with it. And of you're gonna get on me about paying for it outta my @$$, just know that my system came out to $1800 with an ATI X800 SE, SB audigy 2 ZS, 250GB HD, and 1GB of ram. The 2405FPW cost me $263 brand new!(dont you hate me?
) I love my system and I'm cool with DELL.

If Nvidia is gonna team up with DELL then we all know that something good(if not awesome) is gonna become of it. Nvidia PWNS ATI so now they're teaming up with DELL to PWN all you DELL haters!

Hate or love it, prebuilt systems such as DELL are coming up in this world

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Owhat

Are you serious? Outperforms that for only $2000?!!!!

That baby has 2GB of ram for just the graphics man!

That alone is prolly 2 grand for just the vid cards! Get real ppl! Dell is coming up in the game so dont hate the player...Hate the game!

I have a DELL myself and nothings ever gone wrong with it. And of you're gonna get on me about paying for it outta my @$$, just know that my system came out to $1800 with an ATI X800 SE, SB audigy 2 ZS, 250GB HD, and 1GB of ram. The 2405FPW cost me $263 brand new!(dont you hate me?
) I love my system and I'm cool with DELL.

If Nvidia is gonna team up with DELL then we all know that something good(if not awesome) is gonna become of it. Nvidia PWNS ATI so now they're teaming up with DELL to PWN all you DELL haters!

Hate or love it, prebuilt systems such as DELL are coming up in this world

Pwn Pwn pwn.. Nvidia does not "pwn" ATI. Dell does not "pwn" dell haters. On the other hand, Dell *owns* you because you got suckered into buying that system. The X800SE really is not that much of a impressive card for a $1800 system.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Owhat, you've never had a problem with your Dell? Then you are surely among the few, and definitely among the proud.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YeaBaby

I guess now we know where all those hard to find 7800 GTX 512 cores have been going.

Yeah, companies sucked alot of them up because they knew they could think of something brilliant to justify the extra money on them, and sell em to the average user who just thinks more is better.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori

Pwn Pwn pwn.. Nvidia does not "pwn" ATI. Dell does not "pwn" dell haters. On the other hand, Dell *owns* you because you got suckered into buying that system. The X800SE really is not that much of a impressive card for a $1800 system.

Getting a 24inch Widescreen monitor with the deal doesnt exactly OWN me. Why dont you think about what you're talkin about and upgrade your system while youre at it cuz my system will PWN yours. And yea..its a dell baby!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

Owhat, you've never had a problem with your Dell? Then you are surely among the few, and definitely among the proud.

Nope, never had a problem. The 3 yr warranty included in the deal is just for comfort i guess

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.