Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We, from TecLab Team, transplanted a GTX 1060 chip into the body (PCB) of a much more powerful board, the GALAX GTX 1070 HOF.
We also took the same care for Samsung Vrams, in order to enable the best BIOS.
Then we put the GTX 1060 HOF BIOS used in the GOC (Galax Overclocking Carnival).

We did this video as a teaser (just a Superposition Extreme), but we have recorded all the procedures, from the works in the BGA station to the functional tests.

In the coming days (today is Carnival in Brazil), we will show a complete video, also including the results in benchmarks and games (and also in extreme overclocking).

Best wishes

·
Old to Overclock.net
3,222 Posts
We, from TecLab Team, transplanted a GTX 1060 chip into the body (PCB) of a much more powerful board, the GALAX GTX 1070 HOF.
We also took the same care for Samsung Vrams, in order to enable the best BIOS.
Then we put the GTX 1060 HOF BIOS used in the GOC (Galax Overclocking Carnival).

https://youtu.be/B8Q7hnNwwAc

We did this video as a teaser (just a Superposition Extreme), but we have recorded all the procedures, from the works in the BGA station to the functional tests.

In the coming days (today is Carnival in Brazil), we will show a complete video, also including the results in benchmarks and games (and also in extreme overclocking).

Best wishes
Woo! Frankencard!
:-D

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I hate to be a ballon popper but this is nothing special. Asus did the same thing with their Asus ROG Strix GTX 1060(Card in sig). The 1060 and 1070 are pin compatible. That's why the Asus GTX 1060 was so high. It was a 1060 in a 1070 body. I hope this is as quiet as my card. More times than not the fan isn't even running on it or if it is it is whisper quiet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate to be a ballon popper but this is nothing special. Asus did the same thing with their Asus ROG Strix GTX 1060(Card in sig). The 1060 and 1070 are pin compatible. That's why the Asus GTX 1060 was so high. It was a 1060 in a 1070 body. I hope this is as quiet as my card. More times than not the fan isn't even running on it or if it is it is whisper quiet.
Well...
Maybe for you is the same, if a company of Bilions od Dollars created something like this into the factory, and we do it with no sure that will work.

That's a great point of view.

Let the company do it for us.

"The 1060 and 1070 are pin compatible" ... pin compatible? ... :p

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Well...
Maybe for you is the same, if a company of Bilions od Dollars created something like this into the factory, and we do it with no sure that will work.

That's a great point of view.

Let the company do it for us.

Just saying. Try doing that with a 1080 or 1080ti and let me how that turns out for you.

·
:)
11,146 Posts

My thoughts exactly haha :)

Good luck, looking forward to results!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Any news from Western front? :) benchmarks, game performance, anything? Tnx.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts