Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think some of you probably noticed in the pictures, this is the mouse pad replacing the G-SR. The dimensions are the same, so the actual usable size should be smaller since the edge is stitched...

here's a link if you don't believe me.
http://zowie.benq.com/mousepads/g-sr

What do you guys think?\

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
OH NOES....
like 2-3mm less usable size... Got in himmel, waz heff Zowie done? RIPPERINO

Bro, its 480mm wide, its wider than QCK, u really think it will be problem?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventadoor View Post

OH NOES....
like 2-3mm less usable size... Got in himmel, waz heff Zowie done? RIPPERINO

Bro, its 480mm wide, its wider than QCK, u really think it will be problem?
It's cool if you don't think it matters, but I don't get why you have to be so rude about sharing your opinion.

Let me share my thoughts...
Remember when Zowie put their new logo on the center of the mouse pad and people flipped out because the potential tracking inconsistency.

Putting a stitched edge on their cloth mouse pad doesn't make sense.
1. The G-SR is bigger than their old cloth pad, so why go backwards?
2. If people cared about the logo and pattern on the mouse pad do you think people are going to be happy with a stitched edge that actually makes the mouse pad feel different?
3. It's more than 2-3mm less useable, as soon as part of your mouse is on the stitched edge it's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventadoor View Post

RIPPERINO
Also keep in mind the old pre-G-SR (G-CM) cloth Zowie mouse pad wasn't extremely popular, very few CS professionals were using them unlike the bigger version. If you look at the bigger mouse pads the only options are really the QPAD xx50 and the Zowie G-SR.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Its not a big deal, thats why I was "rude".
Okey man, its like 474mm instead of 480mm. Big deal? No!
Still, its bigger then a QCK. So does it matter? No!!
I just got a GTF-X myself, my first Zowie pad. The edge isent as thick as a Xtrfy pad, so they still are little annoying, but not like Xtrfy.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
My razer pad has a stiched edge, too. More comfortable when my bare wrist is on the edge, vs my old QcK+ (which was also worse at tracking.)

Anyhow, interesting pad they got there!

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Wish I could of seen this before I bought my Artisan one, edges on it are fraying already
sad-smiley-002.gif
, maybe its time for a change
lachen.gif

That's a nice understated mousepad tho
thumb.gif

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Quote:
||General Guidelines||
Your usage of Overclock.net is contingent on the following:
You positively contribute to the forum and its membership
You aid in maintaining a friendly and professional atmosphere
You live within the rules and regulations set out by Overclock.net
You respect the site, its management and its members
You do not troll or attempt to stir up trouble within the community
http://www.overclock.net/a/terms-of-service

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowHardCanItBe View Post

Quote:
||General Guidelines||
Your usage of Overclock.net is contingent on the following:
You positively contribute to the forum and its membership
You aid in maintaining a friendly and professional atmosphere
You live within the rules and regulations set out by Overclock.net
You respect the site, its management and its members
You do not troll or attempt to stir up trouble within the community
http://www.overclock.net/a/terms-of-service
Is that directed at me?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trriL View Post

Is that directed at me?
nah, I saw the thread before some posts were del'd. Some random guy made a hilarious post w/ insults including calling you a "baby" lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I personally prefer the non-stiched mouse pads as there is no stiching to rub up against your wrist. I use the QCK+ and I place the mouse pad slightly over the desk near my wrist so that the sides of the pad do not irritate my wrist.

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
I have a Zowie P-TF Speed, it's tiny and the stitching can often "snag" my mouse when I'm trying to move it which can be quite annoying. I have a Razer Goliathus Control beneath my P-TF Speed so if I run out of room I could fall onto another pad but the stitching catches my mouse, oh well, it's still more comfortable to have a big pad beneath my arm instead of having my arm rubbing up against my table.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raucous View Post

I personally prefer the non-stiched mouse pads as there is no stiching to rub up against your wrist. I use the QCK+ and I place the mouse pad slightly over the desk near my wrist so that the sides of the pad do not irritate my wrist.
that can happen even when there's no stitching. for example, my qpad uc-50 has a pretty sharp edge. no big deal, i thought, but that changes when you rub your wrist against it 1000 times or so.

in contrast, i have never noticed the stitching on my g-tf x.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Has anyone ever tried stitching their mousepad themselves?

I love stitched edges on my Goliathus Speed, increases durability a lot (lasted more than 3 years with careful usage and is still kicking strong), but I don't love the amount of static friction it has, as well as the visual pattern.
I love the glide and low LOD on my XTrac, but I don't love the fact that it has no stitching, it hurts my arm a bit and it's gonna start fraying eventually.

·
Registered
560 Posts
stitches arent as comfty when you put ur weight on your elbow, and i sometimes swip off my mat then lift, which i like non stitched. stitched will cause a weird pause/break when you bump into it
rolleyes.gif

Is the the blue/grey GSR sold out everywhere now?

·
Registered
391 Posts
stitching on a mousepad is nothing but aesthetics, it's worse than non-stitching in every other way

you lose way more room than just the stitching, since before the mouse could go over the edge and still track. now you have some women fabric bs messing with your mouse feet. you also get annoying issues from your wrist on the stitching

it's just worthless at the end of the day. there's every reason to complain about it too, don't listen to the babies who aren't smart enough to realize you're losing way more than 2mm of usable space

·
Registered
100 Posts
if you're using the entire length and width of a mousepad to the point where you're moving your mouse over the stitching then you probably need a supermat, not an extra large mat since you have crazy low sensitivity or some weird playstyle where you're not lifting and replacing your mouse.

I have a mionix alioth, razer goliathus speed large and a qck heavy.

razer's stitched mousepad is easily the best quality despite being the same price as the others. it keeps the edges from separating from the pad like most mats succumb too.

·
Mouse lover
2,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post

if you're using the entire length and width of a mousepad to the point where you're moving your mouse over the stitching then you probably need a supermat, not an extra large mat since you have crazy low sensitivity or some weird playstyle where you're not lifting and replacing your mouse.

I have a mionix alioth, razer goliathus speed large and a qck heavy.

razer's stitched mousepad is easily the best quality despite being the same price as the others. it keeps the edges from separating from the pad like most mats succumb too.
I've never once had a mousepad fray or fall apart due to non-stitched edges. Also I consistently run across the side of my pad due to low sens. Razers mousepads were good in a sense that they had no hills and had decent glide - but they always slid on my desk and were too small so I had to stop using them. Also wish they would just go with a solid color - but that's another topic.

In my opinion stitched edges is just losing space on all sides of a mousepad, I mean at least in the way that razer and now zowie is doing. Don't think I've ever seen stitches like those two use on any other pads

·
Registered
100 Posts
i heard a lot of people say that the qck's edges separate after a few years.

The stitching only takes about 2 or 3mms around the sides. Even if it wasn't there you'd still be going off the edges as it takes an insignificant area.

·
Mouse reviewer
3,097 Posts
The stitched edges on the new G-SR are the best I've seen so far, you barely notice them both with your arm and with the mouse. It is very low profile, not like that hard border on other pads and also on the G-TF X. And my old G-SR (blue) started fraying, but that was also because my wife tore at the lose fabric and made it worse...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

The stitched edges on the new G-SR are the best I've seen so far, you barely notice them both with your arm and with the mouse. It is very low profile, not like that hard border on other pads and also on the G-TF X. And my old G-SR (blue) started fraying, but that was also because my wife tore at the lose fabric and made it worse...
good to hear. is the GTF X still in the realm of cloth pad feel/speed? I have the blue GSR and its slower than a HyperX and QCK Team pad... rubber is the best other there though

1 - 20 of 46 Posts