Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the club and figured I'd say whats up and give a little info on my first OC'ing project.

I'm building a fairly "low-budget" machine which should be fully assembled this Tuesday when my HD and RAM get here. I've decided to go with the Intel 2.4C with the stock fan and an Asus p4p800 SE mobo. From what I've read, this combination can return outstanding OC results, so I guess we'll see what happens. For now, I'm going with a stick of Corsair DDR400 RAM (512) and a 80 gig SATA WD (7200). I've read that the integrated sound in the mobo is pretty good so I don't plan on upgrading that aspect of the system anytime soon. I'm planning on partitioning the 80 gigs for dual boot (XP Pro and Fedora Core 3) so that should be nice.

The only part getting an upgrade in the next month will be the video card. I'm going to use my old school voodoo 3 3000 PCI card (i know, i know..16MB=hahahahaha) to get me by until then. I'm currently looking at the CHAINTECH nVIDIA GeForce FX5500 (once again..low budget!) but I'm still open on that one.

Keep an eye out for my posts if I run into trouble on this first build. I may need some advice on that vid card upgrade in a few weeks too!

Thanks

Stephen

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
WELCOME, sit down, suck some power, and burn some silicon! We'll help you as much as we possibly can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts