Overclock.net banner

421 - 440 of 469 Posts

·
B10S TInk3r
469 Posts
Yes, hope I can find another! I got that one cheap, I think less than $20, due to bad BIOS flashed, it was fine for a long time after I fixed that initially. Then got shuffled around on another board while being stored improperly and got scratched :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys, I have a P6T Deluxe v1 motherboard, any idea what the largest supported hard drive is for the marvell 88se6320 sas port? I was trying to use a 4tb drive, but it fails to initialise in Disk Manager in Windows 10

·
RTX ON FPS OFF
879 Posts
Friends,

I have a severe issue here. Just got a P6T Deluxe V2 and x5660 installed. It took a little while to get the bios situated and the processor recognized... only for me to spend the next five hours trying to get windows installed. I have windows boot media on a USB drive - and I can load into the windows installer, but when it gets to the portion where you must choose a partition to install to it does nothing and no drives come up. I have so far tried a number of things, including both IDE and AHCI mode. I have verified that the motherboard is detecting the SSD (shows up as a 120g drive, which it is) I have even gone so far as to try installing windows on another PC with the drive and then transferring it over... with no luck. Nada. Firmware updated. No change. This is getting beyond frustrating and I'm not really sure what else to do. I've played with every option in the BIOS including resetting and trying them all again. The drive works because it just came out of my main PC and I installed windows on it already today. The P6T is loading into the usb W10 bood drive just fine (albeit EXTREMELY SLOWLY) usually taking about 5-7 minutes just to get to the partition screen...

Does anyone have a suggestion as far as what I might be able to do to fix this? I just want to finally get my rendering PC finished and end this migraine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flashed my p6t according to this guide:
http://linas.16mb.com/asus-p6t-deluxe-crossflash-to-asus-p6t-ws-pro/
and the setting for “Hight TDP Turbo Mode” is there and all is well, but:

-the setting goes away if i set multi to anything but auto
-haven't yet been able to boot windows with any kind of OC
-default settings get me to desktop and all seems well

Any suggestions what to try? Thanks for any input in advance!

PS: previous OC with the 1408 default BIOS was stable @4GHz

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm on plain p6t with P6T-WS-ASUS-PRO-1205 BIOS flashed, X5650 and everything seems to work fine. It's just that if I adjust multi, High TDP option goes away. BCLK overclocking results in a windows repair loop. Pretty much all on auto, disabled a few things but no effect.

Can anyone shed some light? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Recently got a new-old-stock P6T SE.
I don't have access to High TDP Turbo Mode (CPU Turbo Power limit)
but with WS PRO BIOS have C State package limit setting [C1]

MB: ASUS P6T SE crossflashed WS PRO
FIRMWARE: 1205 Regeneration Spectre patch
MULTIPLIER: 22
SPEEDSTEP: DISABLED
BCLCK: 200
PCIE: 100
CPU VOLTAGE: 1.3750v
PLL: 1.90
QPI: 1.350
DRAM BUS: 1.56

UCLK double DDR3 clock
QPI lowest setting (but not slow mode)

disable EIST, turbo mode, C1, and any other power saving options that may interfere with an overclock. Can enable them one at a time after.

I'm still dialing things in. Hope this helps. I will update with my final settings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Proud Owner of a P6T

Motherboard: P6T V1
CPU: Intel i7 930 @2.80 GHz
RAM: two [Corsaire Vengeance 12 GB (3 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9]
CPU cooler: Stock
Graphic Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4 GB GDDR5 Pci-E DVI-I / HDMI / 3 x Display Port SSC ACX Cooler 2.0 +

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all!
What is the best possible processor to put on asus p6t delux rev 1. ?
not V2

I want to take xeon 5675.
Does anyone work with him?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't see why you'd have a problem. I'm running the 5675 on a P6TSE.

I'm using the WSPro BIOS with it. I have to select the multi and pass up High TDP mode.. which strangely still seems to be letting me get full speed on all my cores according to testing (4.55GHz). I should really flash the new microcode patched BIOS one of these days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bios for p6t deluxe v2 for ECC RAM

I recently got an ASUS P6T DELUXE v2 and a Xeon x5650 very cheap and i got also 6 sticks of DDR3 8gb ECC brand GOO3m model VG07016761-735 , also veeery cheap.
Wich bios should i use to try to see if the ECC ram works?
Have anyone tried ECC ram in your p6t v2 ?
Thx in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar to the last post, I'm looking up upgrade my memory in my P6T Deluxe V2, currently I have 3x2GB sticks. Searched this forum and read through a ton of posts but can't really come to a conclusion about what memory to buy.

The manual says the system maxes out at 24GB of memory so I'd like to get 3x8GB sticks to accomplish this. However, there conflicting information about the limit of size per stick being only 4GB. So any advice on what memory to buy to get to either 12GB or 24GB of memory in this configuration?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Similar to the last post, I'm looking up upgrade my memory in my P6T Deluxe V2, currently I have 3x2GB sticks. Searched this forum and read through a ton of posts but can't really come to a conclusion about what memory to buy.

The manual says the system maxes out at 24GB of memory so I'd like to get 3x8GB sticks to accomplish this. However, there conflicting information about the limit of size per stick being only 4GB. So any advice on what memory to buy to get to either 12GB or 24GB of memory in this configuration?
I’ve got p6t with a latest asus bios and i use 6x8 gb 48 in total of corsair vengeance 2400. I assume p6t delux v2 very likely accept 8gb sticks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe ECC memory will work but the ECC will be turned off and function as normal memory. The motherboard is properly built to support it but the BIOS itself does not have any way to enable ECC memory.

From the manual:
"DDR3 2000(O.C.)*/1866(O.C.)*/1800(O.C.)*/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory"

·
Registered
184 Posts
I believe ECC memory will work but the ECC will be turned off and function as normal memory. The motherboard is properly built to support it but the BIOS itself does not have any way to enable ECC memory.

From the manual:
"DDR3 2000(O.C.)*/1866(O.C.)*/1800(O.C.)*/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory"
I bought ECC, Registered for my P6T7 WS SC motherboard and it was not recognized. Now I'm running 6 x 8GB HyperX 1866.

Module Details:
MICRON – 4GB (1X4GB) PC3-10600 1333MHZ DDR3 SDRAM – DUAL RANK 240-PIN REGISTERED ECC CL9 MEMORY MODULE FOR SERVER.

PRODUCT TYPE: RAM MODULE
PART NUMBER: MT36JSZF51272PZ-1G4F1
MANUFACTURER: MICRON

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
MEMORY SIZE: 4GB
MEMORY TECHNOLOGY: DDR3 SDRAM
NUMBER OF MODULES: 1 X 4GB
MEMORY SPEED: 1333 MHZ
MEMORY STANDARD: DDR3-1333/PC3-10600
SIGNAL PROCESSING: REGISTERED
ERROR CHECKING: ECC
CAS LATENCY: CL9
PIN COUNT: 240-PIN
VOLTAGE: 1.5V
FORM FACTOR: DIMM

·
Registered
85 Posts
So I'm finally getting around to flashing the spectre/meltdown BIOS update and I have a quick question. I already have my P6T SE cross-flashed with the WS PRO 1205 BIOS. Do I still need to follow the cross-flash methodology for the updated BIOS (AFUDOS boot), or can I just use EZ Flash in the BIOS itself?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm a new member of this community and I recently obtained a ASUS P6T motherboard and a X5675. I'm currently running into the issue with installing Windows 10 not getting pass the blue logo. I did some investigation and in order for me to boot up from Windows 10 installer, I needed to disable VT-d, but I need that feature as I plan to run Unraid with this motherboard and run Windows 10 VM. Any recommendation on how I should proceed?

Spec:

Mobo: ASUS P6T
CPU: X5675
RAM: 3x8GB Kingston HyperX
BIOS Ver: 1408 + spectre/meltdown patch

421 - 440 of 469 Posts