Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT 15: Table 19

This competition is closing on the 1st of march. A new comp ay start with new features but i may have too let someone else manage it (i can send them and tell them how to make the tbales and stuff. If your interested, just PM me

IF THE EDIT NUMBER HAS CHANGED SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU LOOKED, PLEASE READ THREAD AGAIN.

If your name is grayed out, then you only have 1 submitted result. If you have only submitted 2 results, then please get at least 3 results up. All 3DMark and Aquamark becnhmarks are highly recommended for proper rankings

This is a competition for everyone to enter. It will determine who's machine performs best when playing certain games. what ever card you have, you can still enter.

To Enter:

You must supply screenshots of all the benchmarks you did (screenshot for the score only). Please zip all the screenshots and attach them to your post.

Also post your defualt Core and mermory clocks aswell well as there overclocked frequencies.

If you cannot zip them then you can only attach 5 images. If have problems attaching the screens, please send them to "[email protected]". (Unlimited Attachments (1GB)).
You can download all the benchmarking apps below by clicking this link http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=6 or by Clicking Here

or for the 3DMark benchmarks, you can also download them from Here

You can also download Shader Mark V2.1 from Here, make sure you download Biuld 129 Download aswell.

The benchmarks are as follows (most important from top):

1. 3DMark 2005
2. 3DMark 2003
3. 3DMark 2001
4. Aquamark 3
5. Gunmetal Benchmark DX9
6. FarCry bench (if you have farcry)
7. HL2 Bench (if you have HL2)

About the Benchmarking Software:

1-3: 3DMark:

3DMark is one of the most common benchmarking applications which tests how a PC handles exremely demanding graphics. It incorperates alot of new technologies and tries to simulate what future games will be like by using outstanding graphics and visual effects.

4: Aquamark 3:

Aquamark 3 is also a highly used benchmarking application. It uses alot of different technologies to test PC's like 3DMark. While the graphics aren't as good as 3DMark 2005, the application still tests PC's extremely well.

5: Gunmetal Benchmark DX9 Version:

This benchmarking app isn't as well known as the rest of the benchmarks i've mentioned so far. It has fairly long tests (as i recall) and tests quite well. As i do not have much experience with this app i cannot say to much more.

6-7: FarCry & HL2 Benchmarks:

These 2 apps run custom tests in the 2 games, FarCry and Half Life 2. These simply run the game through a demo mode and record the FPS and at the end give you a score (or FPS).

More Info:

Run the game tests at 1024x1280 on full AA & AF and maximum detail Run Demo4 on HL2 and Run Demo 4 and with FarCry Run the Demo called "PC Games Hardware Demo". For the Setting. Settings 1: 1280x1024 Resolution on Ultra Details. Settings 2: Leave Model Shader on Defualt and put AA & AF on there highest (AA=8, AF=16). For Settings 3: Leave Renderer as Direct3D and Run the demo once. You do not have to change anything else. Your results for HL2 and FarCry will pop-up after the test as a HTML file so take a screenshot of it. If you close the HTML File by accident, you can find it by going to the general tab in the FarCry Benchmark app and seeing the directory to which it saves the results. Please use V1.3 of FarCry if you cent then it doesn't matter but please post saying what version you where using

All 3DMark tests to be run on defualt. Any Version of 3DMark is allowed including 3DMark 2001 SE.

Aquamark to be run on "Very High Detail Preset".

For shader mark leave as system defualts and make sure the res is set to 1024x768, then click run. Once in the run mode, you have to press P to run the benchmark to get your results once the benchmark has ended, you must go into the directory to where you installed it and you should see a excel file and txt file (both contain the same info). Please add up the average FPS and post with your results. No Screenshots are required since you can easily change the values. Please don't change the results. The Shader Mark test does not go towardsyour rank, it's for reference only so please don't cheat.

In The Gun Metal Benchmark 2, leave the settings as defualt and run benchmark 1 and 2. If you are stuck for time then please do benchmark 1 atleast. Also if you cant take a screenshot in GunMetal, then please zip the html files and attach the zipped html docs to your post (which are founf in the install directory). PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THE HTML FILES. If i find out i will tell the community and admin so your time on here will be an unhappy one (no cheating).

You do not have to do all the tests, but the more the better. If your serious all tests are recommended (Shader Mark is for reference only and wont go towards rank).

Please if you have questions PM Me.

Please only post in here once with your screenshots or twice if you can't fit all the screenshots in the one post.

Please play fairly...

WARNING!!!

It's alright to send in benchmarks with overclocked systems.

Just no editng screenshots or html files. Also, no mipmapping or forcing reduced graphics quality.

If I find that someones been cheating, i will be telling the community and admin. It will make your time on overclock.net very uncomfortable!!!

Thankyou and...

Any other questions or anything you think i should add in this thread please don't hesitate to PM me or email at "[email protected]".

DON'T BE TO STRESSED BUT TRY AND GET YOUR RESULTS IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, BUT IF YOU CANT DONT WORRY BECAUSE THIS COMP WILL BE GOING FOR A WHILE.

Your Prize:

Your prize for winning is by recieving the "Ultimate Gaming Machine Award".
I will try to get you an icon replacemt for your "My Rig Showcase". That's if admin thinks it's alright. You will recieve other rewards aswell.

get posting...

Current Results

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
ok scores so far with images
these links are images
3dmark01: 19565
3dmark03: 12484, 12523
3dmark05: 5190
aquamark: 59002
HalfLife2 111.5 fps @ 1280x1024 16x AF 8x AA

Farcry demo coming soon i hope

the gunmetal demo crashed before the demo started...
the shadermark2.0 said warming cache and did nothing...

this could be my system but i dont feel like tweaking things right now

maybe later in the week

i hope these Suffice

thanks to image shack for hosting these pics

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
ok due to a certain PM i received stating that people are having trouble with image shack, or should i say "PERSON" is having trouble with image shack
and that PERSON obviously isnt happy with just the raw numbers i posted

There completely believable coming from my specs right

anyways theres thumbs at the bottom with pics atached

sorry image shack

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MY FX5200 Got these results (screenshots are contained in the attached Zip file)

Here's what i got:

3DMark 2005: 269
3DMark 2003: 1271
3DMark 2001: 6339
Aquamark 3: 8977
Gun Metal 2 Bench 1: 8.43fps Bench 2: 9.69fps
ShaderMark V2.1: 17.15fps
FarCry: 5.26fps
Half Life 2: 8.4fps

I'll have my X800XT PE Test results up in about 2-3days (looking forward to it)

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come on people. Anyone can enter and you dont have to do all the tests if you dont want.

Come on. If you post, the moderators will make this a sticky. So come on and post

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
OK, here's what I got in 3DMark 05. I am sorry I only have this one, but Aquamark kept dying when things blew up, and I have yet to get the others.

I have gone from 325 core and 199 mem stock to 450 core and 250 mem.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
ok, ive got all these. sorry for the thumbnails but its easier...
right now im only running my 3.4 550 @ 4.03ghz, and my 6800gt is at 410/1100mhz. ill try getting all them at 4.2ghz and 430/1150

sorry but the other benchies dont work....yet

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
screen shots for every thing but HL2(dont have it) are there in the zip file.
realy just didnt feel like typing it all out, sry.

all benches done with no vid card oc.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The difference between the Aquamark score is greater than the 3DMark score

I did the maths Aquamark difference is 2.858% when 3DMark is 1.483% so Shermstix is infront. But nothing will be finalized till shermstix gives us some more results

Any more questions please start a new thread or PM me

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Here's some of mine, 6800 Vanilla Stock.

The 71.20 drivers raised my score by 300 points in 3dmark03
, but for some reason I keep getting a sound error in the sound test and it kickes me out.

HL2 Bench I got

Resolution: 1280Ã-1024
AA 8x AF 16x
Demo: Guru3D - demo4
Detail: Maximum quality
Antialising mode: From System
Filtering mode: From System
Hardware DirectX level: DirectX 9
Heapsize: 64 MB - default
Score = 108.4 FPS

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Some more benchies.

Farcry put a hurt on my 6800

Resolution: 1280Ã-1024
Maximum quality option, OpenGL renderer
Level: Pier, demo: 1.tmd
Antialising: 8Ã-
Anisotrophic filtering: 16Ã-
HDR: disabled
Geometry Instancing: disabled
Normal-maps compression: disabled

Score = 55.80 FPS

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Man Evil, everytime I see how well those 6800s run makes reconsider my desperate need for a 6800GT
And I still hate you for getting a better OC on your CPU...that's how the cookie crumbles I guess though...

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Man Evil, everytime I see how well those 6800s run makes reconsider my desperate need for a 6800GT
And I still hate you for getting a better OC on your CPU...that's how the cookie crumbles I guess though...

Blah, I'm disapointed with the overclocking... It's nice, but it wont go any further without dropping the multi. To boot @ 270x10 it took like 1.9v
, that was scary.

The 6800 has impressed me though, I didnt think it would perform this well. And the 71.20 drivers I installed today bumped the performance quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I'm patiently waiting for some perf boosting drivers from ATI. Havent tried the Omegas or any others, maybe I should.

Scores are great, much much much much better than what I'm used to...

Here goes my screenies for the competition.

3dmark01se = 23056
3dmark03 = 12275
3dmark05 = 5815
Aquamark = 63865

Stock XT PE speeds of 520/560 core/mem respectively.

1 - 20 of 305 Posts