Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 1497 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just like the title states. If you like car stereo equipment, big and small, then you're in
. Pictures, videos, etc... are all welcome.

Club Management (Links go to profiles):

Please PM pioneerisloud with changes to the roster if needed.

Members with Pictures / Videos:

Roster (no pictures):

• audioholic
  • axipher
  • banging34hzs
  • BULLATTACK
  • coltsrock
  • Corgon
  • Deegan
  • dragonxwas
  • Elite-
  • Hydraulic
  • jacobthellamer
  • Jo0
  • K092084
  • Liighthead
  • MacG32
  • Mako0312
  • MikeM231
  • MoMurda
  • mrfajita
  • Oaff
  • pheoxs
  • porschedrifter
  • SS_Patrick
  • stargate125645
  • THEoBZ
  • this n00b again
  • trivium nate
  • tx-jose
  • Volvo
  • VW_TDI_02
  • Zeke311

If I have skipped anybody on the roster, please PM me and let me know to add you. Same rule applies if you update with pictures. I'll try my best to keep pictures of installs linkable in the roster.

Other Resources:

Feel free to add the new sig (special thanks to MacG32):
Click here for the code:

♫The♪Official♪Car♪Stereo♪Club♫

Any suggestions to make this a better club, feel free to post here or PM myself or Capwn. This first post is more or less in Beta stages right now

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm putting Capwn's setup here, since we don't have any actual installs on the first page

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capwn
View Post

I got bumps.. And a constant ringing in my ears

Pioneer 4200 UB Head Unit
Alpine Type S Components up front
Factory Pioneer Tweeters in the door as well.
Rockford Punch 6x9's
Audiopipe 1800 D
Two Alpine Type R 12"s taking around 550 watts each
In the words of William Hung,

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Supposed I can chime in. Currently using a mis-match of left over parts in my truck from other builds I've done. Everything is from memory since I don't feel like going and looking at the moment

2010 Ranger Supercab with:

Stock deck --> Kicker equalizer into:

x2 Rockford P300.1 amps --> Each into 2x 8" Hertz es200 subs (4 8's in total)
+
clarion 400w 4 channel amp (forget model #) into alpine type s speakers in the doors and rears

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheoxs
View Post

Supposed I can chime in. Currently using a mis-match of left over parts in my truck from other builds I've done. Everything is from memory since I don't feel like going and looking at the moment

2010 Ranger Supercab with:

Stock deck --> Kicker equalizer into:

x2 Rockford P300.1 amps --> Each into 2x 8" Hertz es200 subs (4 8's in total)
+
clarion 400w 4 channel amp (forget model #) into alpine type s speakers in the doors and rears

There's nothing at all wrong with mix and matching
. That's how you get the best of everything.

I'm currently running:
Dual Mechless Head Unit (will be getting a Pioneer 3200UB soon)
Kicker 5.25" Components in the door
Pioneer REV 6.5" in the rear deck (coaxial)
Alpine V-Power amps (650w monoblock, and 250w 2ch.)
HiFonics HFi 12's

How's the sound processor working out for you? I'm curious because I was thinking about grabbing a half din sound processor for my build....to tide me over until I buy a new deck.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

There's nothing at all wrong with mix and matching
. That's how you get the best of everything.

I'm currently running:
Dual Mechless Head Unit (will be getting a Pioneer 3200UB soon)
Kicker 5.25" Components in the door
Pioneer REV 6.5" in the rear deck (coaxial)
Alpine V-Power amps (650w monoblock, and 250w 2ch.)
HiFonics HFi 12's

How's the sound processor working out for you? I'm curious because I was thinking about grabbing a half din sound processor for my build....to tide me over until I buy a new deck.

From an actual sound processor aspect? Its not bad I suppose. I'm only using it since I'm running the high level inputs from the front speakers into it for 3 channels out to drive the amps. This way everything still looks stock, I stopped building high end systems have the third time my vehicle was broken in to. Now its stock appearance and decent sound.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheoxs
View Post

From an actual sound processor aspect? Its not bad I suppose. I'm only using it since I'm running the high level inputs from the front speakers into it for 3 channels out to drive the amps. This way everything still looks stock, I stopped building high end systems have the third time my vehicle was broken in to. Now its stock appearance and decent sound.

Well yeah, that's pretty much exactly why I was looking into one. I could just keep my cheapo $30 Dual head unit (it works fine honestly), and grab a sound processor to go below it. That would give me the 3 sets of preouts I'll need, and better frequency control. I've just never used one before. Always had those controls on the head unit.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Me likey.
No car, but can I join?

My grandpa's '93 Toyota Corona GL has two Polk 6x9" Mobile Monitor in the rear deck, two Pioneer 6.5" coaxials in the front door, and some ancient Alpine headunit.
No amp.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updated roster. Anybody that would be interested in coming up with a club signature...be my guest. I would, but I'm still messing around with some designs right now. No worries, I'll post pictures here when I'm done. Here's a teaser for now though.

Keep in mind, I have TWO subs. The below graphs show results for SINGLE subs.
Yellow: My current SINGLE sub in its current sealed box.
Green: My current SINGLE sub, porting its current sealed box @ 30Hz
Blue: The design I'm working on....again for a SINGLE sub. I won't tell tune yet though
Gain:

SPL:

My own car's build log doesn't even have access to those graphs
. Also, these graphs are still a work in progress. I'm still working out the final dimensions and tuning. That's just a ROUGH guess on output. I might get more, I might get less

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by MIGhunter
View Post

I love the car audio. I haven't worked on mine for a while because other hobbies use up all of my money.

Head Unit: Pioneer
Crossover: PunchX
Amps: Fosgate power 800, Fosgate power 1000
Components: Focal Polykevlars
Subs: Fosgate punch 12s

-snip-snip-

That is a GORGEOUS install. Did you do all that yourself? I don't see any sound deadening shots, but I'm assuming you did it. Wow. I can't wait till mine is done now, lol.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Quote:

View Post

That is a GORGEOUS install. Did you do all that yourself? I don't see any sound deadening shots, but I'm assuming you did it. Wow. I can't wait till mine is done now, lol.

Ya, I used punch matte in the doors. It was kind of expensive to buy the kits like I did but didn't have an airgun at the time to blow in the other deadening material.

Here is my Cardomain page that shows the pics I omitted: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/143187/8

The weird fiberglass shells on the air conditioner are my 1st project. I was originally going to put the subs in the boot of the car's trunk but then decided to go with the spare tire well. I was hoping to get more than the 141.5 dbs out of it but for my 1st install and no fine tuning, I thought it turned out well.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
ooooohhhwwwww, can i join this club ?

got a crappy company car [peugeot partner 2.0 HDI] with 2x 10inch sub on an amp in the back and 2x 4inch bass/midds with 2 tweeters in the front on a pioneer headunit.

the car shakes more then you hear bass lol.. to much materials from work in there

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Farih
View Post

ooooohhhwwwww, can i join this club ?

got a crappy company car [peugeot partner 2.0 HDI] with 2x 10inch sub on an amp in the back and 2x 4inch bass/midds with 2 tweeters in the front on a pioneer headunit.

the car shakes more then you hear bass lol.. to much materials from work in there

Of course you can be added. If you can make a new post or edit this one (and PM me with the edit) with pictures and more details on what the gear is....I could even add you to the picture roster.

Anybody that has interest can be added

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liighthead
View Post

D: carnt wait till i get a car ( 16 now lol ) currntly running 1 x 12" in my room ( got 3 x 10" subs sittin their not in use YET )

but yeah. got some pics of u 2's setups?

Well I THOUGHT MIGhunter had pictures. They're not showing up anymore. Fix your links MIGhunter

I'll copy a few of my pictures from my build log over here....one sec.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Of course you can be added. If you can make a new post or edit this one (and PM me with the edit) with pictures and more details on what the gear is....I could even add you to the picture roster.

Anybody that has interest can be added

I could make pictures but i does look crappy though.. its a tiny company car with to much stuff in it and far to much bass lol

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My build as it is NOW (being constantly updated):

The Gear:
Dual XR4110 Head Unit
Kicker DS5250 5.25" Door Speakers
Pioneer Premier TS-D601P REV Series 6.5" Rear Speakers
Alpine MRP-T220 250w 2 Channel Speaker Amplifier
Alpine MRP-M650 650w Monoblock Subwoofer Amplifier
HiFonics HFi D4 12's (2 of them)
2 Gauge Big 3 Upgrade, and 2 Gauge wire to the trunk.

Under the hood:

In the dash:

In the doors:

Rear deck:

In the trunk:

Just pretend you can see the back of the box on this one:

Videos of bumping:
Here is some Bass Mekaniks causing my flash drive to skip:

1 - 20 of 1497 Posts