Overclock.net banner

The Official Lian Li Owner's Showcase Thread

1337545 5628
Recently I moved from a Lian Li PC60 USB B2 case into a beautiful shiny new Lian Li PC-V2000 Plus case, and I'm still in shock at the craftsmanship, beauty, and design of their cases. Even the old one today (after a quick dusting) still looks as if it just came from the Lian Li factory.

So I figured, why not make a thread devoted to the various beautiful Lian Li chassis that we have floating around here on Overclock.net? This will be an unofficial thread for now (unless some mighty mod deems it worthy) for owners of Lian Li cases to post up pictures of their cases, of mods to their cases (you have to have balls of steel to do this...), and to discuss future mods, cases, and the like about Lian Li, the king of aluminum...

So without further ado, here's the PC60 that once housed this computer:

And now, here's the home of the new Lian Li PC-V2000 Plus:

lian-me? Officialized Aug 3rd 2008
5161 - 5180 of 5629 Posts

·
Master of Black Snow
19,261 Posts
@Ceadderman

Thanks no I will get 2 of them which lets me populate 4 drives. One only has 2 SSD cages so I will get 2 of them and mount one to one drive sled and one to another.

I see that Lian Li drive cage sleds use bottom screws to mount the HDD and that Drive bracket has holes on the side and bottom to mount so I wanted to make sure I was fine
I am not sure but doesn't the O11 D have hot swappable connections in the cages? If so that bracket will only populate one drive per slot. Since the cages only fit up to two 3.5 HDDs, that's two points of connection and you're talking about putting four drives into one cage. Doesn't seem like that will work unless the O11D doesn't have connections in the Cage. If not, it will work. :thinking:

Edit... NOT Hot Swappable. I just looked it up, through Google Images and there is a guy who is attempting to mount his Sound Card into the back slot and has a HDD mounted in the front one. With no forward panel in the front it looks like you're good to go with 2 of those 2.5 SSD adapters. :D

~Ceadder :drink:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I've never owned a Lian-li case before but I've just bought an O11 Razer Edition (on it's way) as it looks like a really nice case for my new build that fits 360 radiators. I admit I'm not used to mid size cases as I like alot of space to work with and usually own full size cases but it looks spacious for a small mid size case so looking forward to trying it :)

I've gott 3 questions though:

1. Is it worth at all getting the vertical card adapter? Or is it worse for the cars cooling and airflow.

2. I will be putting the 360 in the usual vertical space on the front side, however I'm going to put it in Push/Pull is there anything that will get in the way off with the extra fan bulk?

3. I haven't ordered any extra fans yet but is there any recommendations on where to put any fans and which way should they should send air on an AIO CPU and air cooled GPU setup?

Cheers

·
Master of Black Snow
19,261 Posts
I've never owned a Lian-li case before but I've just bought an O11 Razer Edition (on it's way) as it looks like a really nice case for my new build that fits 360 radiators. I admit I'm not used to mid size cases as I like alot of space to work with and usually own full size cases but it looks spacious for a small mid size case so looking forward to trying it :)

I've gott 3 questions though:

1. Is it worth at all getting the vertical card adapter? Or is it worse for the cars cooling and airflow.

2. I will be putting the 360 in the usual vertical space on the front side, however I'm going to put it in Push/Pull is there anything that will get in the way off with the extra fan bulk?

3. I haven't ordered any extra fans yet but is there any recommendations on where to put any fans and which way should they should send air on an AIO CPU and air cooled GPU setup?

Cheers
That vertical mount mounts to the bottom of the case. So if you're trying to mount two Radiators horizontally, I would say no. Now if you're not going to run a bottom Radiator and mount one in the side then that's probably the best way to go here. Unless you want two Rads and a Distro plate. Of course if you're running one of those superwide GPUs like the XFX 5700 XT THIC then maybe you might want the Vertical PCIe mount. :D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Thanks well it's going to be the STRIX 3080ti when it comes out (in the mean time it will just be a spare STRIX 970 GP in it's place).

There likely won't be another 360 rad as I think my custom loop days are over now unless there is a decent AIO 3080ti that comes out before the STRIX version.

I'll have a look at the vertical mount when the 3080ti strix comes out and we know the sizes. In the mean time is it worth putting fans along the bottom?

That vertical mount mounts to the bottom of the case. So if you're trying to mount two Radiators horizontally, I would say no. Now if you're not going to run a bottom Radiator and mount one in the side then that's probably the best way to go here. Unless you want two Rads and a Distro plate. Of course if you're running one of those superwide GPUs like the XFX 5700 XT THIC then maybe you might want the Vertical PCIe mount. :D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Okay I've just watched a testing video for fan configurations

And it seemed to suggest using the side AIO as an exhaust and pulling air from the bottom and pushing it out the top (9 fans).

If I was to use the AIO in push/pull to give the Cooler Master ML360R the best chance of cooling the hot i9 9900K and the GPU vertically mounted, would it still be the best setup to have the AIO as an exhaust?

Also would 3 fans fit on the bottom with a vertical mounted GPU?

Cheers

·
Newsfiend
2,480 Posts
Yes, you can do 3 fans in the bottom with the lian li vertical mount. You just don't use the case floor bracket and instead make your self a little spacer if you are worried about sag (I used a bit of tubing).

As for the setup side in and pick either top or bottom in and the other out worked best for me but I'm doing full water. Why they didn't try top AIO in instead of a bunch of exhaust setups is beyond me. Push/pull is likely wasted on a thin rad like that just put it on in intake section. If you want to go for push/pull anyway the top is the easiest location.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Yes, you can do 3 fans in the bottom with the lian li vertical mount. You just don't use the case floor bracket and instead make your self a little spacer if you are worried about sag (I used a bit of tubing).

As for the setup side in and pick either top or bottom in and the other out worked best for me but I'm doing full water. Why they didn't try top AIO in instead of a bunch of exhaust setups is beyond me. Push/pull is likely wasted on a thin rad like that just put it on in intake section. If you want to go for push/pull anyway the top is the easiest location.
Thanks the push/pull is so I can run the fans much slower/quieter than standard and still get decent static pressure for cooling the rad.

Yeah I keep toying between the vertical side part to mount the rad which has been proved to work well however it seems like there is a lot of space at the top between the lid and the top of the motherboard that looks like a bit of a waste that could be filled with the push pull rad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Anyone built in the Lancool 2 yet?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Merry Christmas all,

Just received my O11 Razer and I've got 2 surprises I wasn't expecting inside.

1. Do you normally get the Strimmer RGB extension cables inside?

2. What is the attached box fixed to the bottom of the case under where the PSU is installed? It's not in the instruction manual that came with the case at all. It has two ribbons at one end that seem to come out of the bottom of the case and one the other end to the front of the case. I'm guessing this is for the front light and under case lights? But as mentioned it doesn't say anywhere in the quite small manual.

Apart from that the case looks great just shame there's a small scratch on the inside of the cases side window. But not enough for me to really care.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Attachments for previous post

Attachments

·
Newsfiend
2,480 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Strimer isn't standard afaik, must have been some promo deal. The ports for the RGB controller are explained on the last page of the manual https://drive.google.com/file/d/18kgrohhA3-leGKSCdSWDHr8yPVGUEQX-/view
Hmm that's a really different manual to what came in the box, I've looked again at the invoice and the store itself and none of it mentions the Strimmer so I have a feeling that's a mistake, also I paid for the case 10 days ago and no money has been taken so hopefully it's a Christmas miracle lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
Any PC-7HX user here? Just want to know whether the front panel snaps on the main chassis using the dreaded old plastic clips? Or Lian-Li has replaced those with sturdier metal clips?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't have it, but I know they are plastic.
Sigh. My local dealer was selling the case at approx USD50. Unfortunately, I hve extremely bad experience with those plastic clips (the female side) as I remove the front panel monthly to clean the filter.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sigh. My local dealer was selling the case at approx USD50. Unfortunately, I hve extremely bad experience with those plastic clips (the female side) as I remove the front panel monthly to clean the filter.
I have a 9f which is essentially the same chassis. And I had to replace the female clips. I was able to buy them from silverpcs.com

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Hey good people... i don't have any photos yet but i will take them tomorrow as me and my son are going to migrate my hardware to the new case ( he's 11 ... and i want him to start getting the computer bug early in the game ... lets see :p )

So i got a Lian Li PC011D-XL ... i just came from a Corsair Air 740 and this change was due to scalability of the system and ... thinking about getting 2 rads working ( 240 and 360 ) in push/pull to be a big PITA...

I'll keep you posted :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do modern lian-li still have any plastic attaching parts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I finished up my build over Holiday break. I have to get a board/stand and raise it up off the carpet.

Attachments

5161 - 5180 of 5629 Posts