Overclock.net banner

4641 - 4654 of 4654 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts
20 units per update, you need a lot more than 2 cards for that.
45mil ppd, insane!

[edit]
There is an account with the name @compmaster
Is it you, with this insane power? :p
Join date 2004, not a chance, I didn't even have a computer at that point. My bet is a @Jpmboy alt.

·
Fold on!
6,827 Posts
He was online 4 days ago, and I found this from 2012:

The 'rig' is no single machine. It is a set of server blades with most having two 4-core processors each (no hyper-threading).
There are 16 blades in the enclosure.
Each processor runs at about 2.4GHz.
64+ physical processor cores.
Each blade crunches at a pace of 20 or more Gflops.
All devices, save one, are running in a fat-client diskless LTSP booted environment.
You'll find LTSP is a great free implementation for net-booting Ubuntu across multiple home machines.
The enclosure consumes over 5kw/H under folding load.
Since it sucks so much power I'm folding in bursts. When I pick up a solar array this will change.
I'm leaving three of the faster blades doing the bigbeta units constantly so my contribution will look fairly "spikey" between [email protected]
What if he has a more recent build like that, that might explain 20 units per update.

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts
64x 4 core CPU's can't produce that much in PPD. Something is different.

164k Points in the last year and then 45 million per day? Yea, right.

There is no CPU in existence that can put out 270k per WU....

Summoning @compmaster, confess your sins.

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
And he goes dormant again, no WUs for the past 24 hours. How curious.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,487 Posts
I started playing a new game and my 1080ti machine keeps tripping the UPS so my points have dropped off a lot.

I really hope I can get lucky enough to buy one of the new gpus so I can build a dedicated rig.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,487 Posts
Holy crap, I just noticed the actual number you all were talking about 45mil ppd is nuts. Someone switch the log in on Nvidias folding farm?

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts
Holy crap, I just noticed the actual number you all were talking about 45mil ppd is nuts. Someone switch the log in on Nvidias folding farm?
Yup. To put that into perspective. That is the equivalent of what my 3 2080 Tis can do in 4 days oc'd and running 24/7.

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
where are you guys looking at the numbers? here: Project Team Stats for in [email protected] (free-dc.org)
19M PPD is well within reach of 2x 3090s and a 2080Ti or a bunch of "blades".
But 5kW/h 24/7 is not within reach of any residential grade solar array. ;)
Anywho, that productivity for OCN is WELCOME!

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
Here: CompMaster User Summary - [email protected] Stats

JPM, he put out 45 million points in 1 day.
Yeah, hard to tell whether that's from bunkered WUs or a missed upload. Depending on the gear, it's certainly possible (and welcome). We've had guys "commandeer" a farm or burn-in racks or tesla banks sporadically (at their work - DJ... dhenzjhen did this in the past). The pattern of pushes is pretty consistent for that type of contribution.

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Yeah, hard to tell whether that's from bunkered WUs or a missed upload. Depending on the gear, it's certainly possible (and welcome). We've had guys "commandeer" a farm or burn-in racks or tesla banks sporadically (at their work - DJ... dhenzjhen did this in the past). The pattern of pushes is pretty consistent for that type of contribution.
That makes sense, I remember when dhenzjhen came through with a bunch of Teslas and made a massive impact on the team's PPD, but I can't remember exactly what it was. Smashed out WUs for a few weeks or however long, flew up towards the top of the team standings, and that was it.

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
All conjecture mind you... but seems reasonable. :)

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
4641 - 4654 of 4654 Posts