Overclock.net banner

4681 - 4700 of 4787 Posts

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
or you could use the simple way to add a second PSU... "add2psu". It's a small pcb that works really well. I've had 2 for years now. :)
I've had reliability issues with that in the past, but it was a diy thing so it could easily have been my fault. Well see how it goes, I've never used this brand of power supply (phanteks) and it was cheaper than the EVGA so...

·
Rig Advisor
2,847 Posts
I've had reliability issues with that in the past, but it was a diy thing so it could easily have been my fault. Well see how it goes, I've never used this brand of power supply (phanteks) and it was cheaper than the EVGA so...
Do not have much experience with Phanteks other than the Glacier 120 fan mount distro and a P300 case I bought for my son, but if the build quality on their PSU's is anything like I saw, you should be happy.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
The picture was pretty

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts
the Add2PSU unit is not really DIY (like using an ATX jumper) - it's a part you buy for like $10. (y)

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Indeed, congrats @NBrock! Huge milestone.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Haven't gotten the chance to watch this, but could be interesting:

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
Made a little progress with the linux usb drive. I achieved success with Rufus 3.13 and Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.

The Rufus software makes it really easy to add persistence but it doesn't work with all linux distributions. I have no idea what the reason is or which versions do work, but I was able to get Ubuntu 20.04 to work. MBR/GPT can be a sticking point depending on the machine you are putting it in.

I still need to get [email protected] up and running on it but I was able to pop it in a few vacant machines and run linux and save files from machine to machine. I'm going to get a usb enclosure for an unused 256gb nvme drive now that I have it working on a thumb drive.

Ubuntu 20.04 seems to be a very windows like experience so far, haven't had to load a single driver for any of the machines I've plugged it into. It even found and installed the network printers. I could get used to this.

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts
Made a little progress with the linux usb drive. I achieved success with Rufus 3.13 and Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.

The Rufus software makes it really easy to add persistence but it doesn't work with all linux distributions. I have no idea what the reason is or which versions do work, but I was able to get Ubuntu 20.04 to work. MBR/GPT can be a sticking point depending on the machine you are putting it in.

I still need to get [email protected] up and running on it but I was able to pop it in a few vacant machines and run linux and save files from machine to machine. I'm going to get a usb enclosure for an unused 256gb nvme drive now that I have it working on a thumb drive.

Ubuntu 20.04 seems to be a very windows like experience so far, haven't had to load a single driver for any of the machines I've plugged it into. It even found and installed the network printers. I could get used to this.
I'm gonna have to try that distro ! :)

·
PC Cannibal
10,269 Posts
Looks like I'll see if I can update and make my version of a Mate-esk version of this distro (need something to tinker with for work anyway - might as well make it purpose made for folding as well like I've done in the past w/ my Kraken modded distros).

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
Trying to get [email protected] running but I am getting this error when trying to install the control and viewer, client installed fine

I'm not sure what I should do, or what I shouldn't be doing. So far the only thing I have done is switch to the nvidia driver (was the open source one) and Install the [email protected] client so there may be some other steps I am missing.

·
Rig Advisor
2,847 Posts
Trying to get [email protected] running but I am getting this error when trying to install the control and viewer, client installed fine
View attachment 2473247

I'm not sure what I should do, or what I shouldn't be doing. So far the only thing I have done is switch to the nvidia driver (was the open source one) and Install the [email protected] client so there may be some other steps I am missing.

View attachment 2473248
I have 0 experience with anything Linux based. Is there a version of DDU for Linux you could try to remove that proprietary driver?

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
SO I found this:
fachcontrol depends on python2, whereas ubuntu 20.04 uses python3.
It appears as though it is only the control center that doesn't work. I will need to use something else or figure out how to set things up with the xml config.

So the XML config is easy, figuring out how to make the XML not ready only (owned by root) is another story. I will mess with this more when I get home to the machine with it installed on the hard drive.

I thought the OS performance was crappy because of using a cheapo thumb drive but it was bad because it was folding balls out on the cpu all day... for anonymous of course

·
PC Cannibal
10,269 Posts
sudo apt get update (might pull the dependencies you need) pyth3 should be backwards compatible to 2 - or the dependency needs to be updated (if it can be).

If I can install the newer Ubuntu onto my test box I should be able to tinker and see what I can do, if there is a by-pass. I'm sure there are a few others who know how to counter this better than I can as well (one's I learned from).

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
Apparently they removed python 2 from the package (or something like that) , so trying to add it back doesn't work. The web control works fine for starting and stopping but I can't modify the config file to set up the slots and user info because I'm not allowed.

There is a fork on Github that is working on updating the control software to work with python 3. You may be able to use that in order to figure something out. Programing stuff is waaaaay over my head.

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts
4681 - 4700 of 4787 Posts