Overclock.net banner

4701 - 4720 of 4787 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
here is a little writeup that i've done (a while ago)

Cerberus said:
this will install latest nvidia drivers and OpenCL
Code:
sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
ubuntu-drivers list    (should have nvidia-450)
sudo apt install nvidia-driver-450
sudo apt install ocl-icd-libopencl1
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo reboot
now for [email protected]
Code:
wget https://download.foldingathome.org/releases/public/release/fahclient/debian-stable-64bit/v7.6/fahclient_7.6.21_amd64.deb
wget https://download.foldingathome.org/releases/public/release/fahcontrol/debian-stable-64bit/v7.6/fahcontrol_7.6.21-1_all.deb
wget https://download.foldingathome.org/releases/public/release/fahviewer/debian-stable-64bit/v7.6/fahviewer_7.6.21_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i --fahclient_7.6.21_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i --fahcontrol_7.6.21-1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i --fahviewer_7.6.21_amd64.deb
sudo chmod 755 /etc/fahclient/config.xml
cd /
cd /etc/fahclient/
sudo nano config.xml (change your stuff, ctrl-o to write out)
sudo reboot

Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/FAHClient start (to start it)
sudo /etc/init.d/FAHClient stop (to stop it)

• Rep+
Reactions: Jpmboy and bigjdubb

·
Rig Advisor
2,852 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: bigjdubb

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
Success!

Found out how to get python 2 on there and it made everything like normal. I just need to get the air coolers on the 1080ti's so I can install them. I'm keeping my links/resources together so I can list them once I get it squared away on the portable install.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Cerberus

·
Rig Advisor
2,852 Posts
So the wife started asking me about crypto currencies tonight, then stared me down and said "You have 4 2080Ti's don't you?" Ugh. Sorry boys, gotta divert resources for a bit, she will most likely fund a few 3 series cards and when she does, i'll get back to folding some dedicated. Will be here For FaT's for sure.

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the ETH coin crop and value now is at the point where mining costs more than it earns just on the power use? I opened a wallet some years ago... made some satoshi and then dropped it. Maybe I should check the old wallet sometime.

why not fold-for-coin?

·
Rig Advisor
2,852 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the ETH coin crop and value now is at the point where mining costs more than it earns just on the power use? I opened a wallet some years ago... made some satoshi and then dropped it. Maybe I should check the old wallet sometime.

why not fold-for-coin?
No, not at all, about 15$ per day WITH 0.11 kw/h costs included.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
That crypto stuff can't die fast enough, pox on it all.

For the linux folders, my 2070 is doing about 400,000 ppd right now. On windows it's around 2,500,000 ppd. I got something wrong but I'm not sure what.

·
Rig Advisor
2,852 Posts
That crypto stuff can't die fast enough, pox on it all.

For the linux folders, my 2070 is doing about 400,000 ppd right now. On windows it's around 2,500,000 ppd. I got something wrong but I'm not sure what.
Passkey?

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
It looks like the passkey it setup but maybe I need to stop the client service and restart it for the passkey to take effect. Is it that big of a hit when it's not using a passkey?

I thought that maybe it wasn't clocking very high but it was at 1875mhz

I think I am going to make a partition and throw windows on there just in case I don't get it figured out before the [email protected] Extra PPD was the main reason for using Linux

·
Rig Advisor
2,852 Posts
It looks like the passkey it setup but maybe I need to stop the client service and restart it for the passkey to take effect. Is it that big of a hit when it's not using a passkey?

I thought that maybe it wasn't clocking very high but it was at 1875mhz

I think I am going to make a partition and throw windows on there just in case I don't get it figured out before the [email protected] Extra PPD was the main reason for using Linux
Yea, it's a MASSIVE point loss without the key. Thats the only thing it could be with a 2 million ppd dif.

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts
yeah, he's going over to the dark side. :)

·
Fold on!
6,903 Posts
So the wife started asking me about crypto currencies tonight, then stared me down and said "You have 4 2080Ti's don't you?" Ugh. Sorry boys, gotta divert resources for a bit, she will most likely fund a few 3 series cards and when she does, i'll get back to folding some dedicated. Will be here For FaT's for sure.
I hope your wife will buy you an extra 30xx card for [email protected] just to make this right, cause I'm not happy about this... The man trying to recruit as many users as possible for the cause leaves to make some fake money :(
You better be here for the FaT's, cause we have some unfinished business! ;)

The best way to tell if the card is working is heat/power consumption and TPF, if that is on the same level as windows it must be passkey related.
This page might help: GeForce RTX 2070 [email protected] PPD Performance

yeah, he's going over to the dark side. :)
It would be nice if I could make sense of all the Linux stuff, I bet I leave a few points a day on the table with my systems now.

·
Rig Advisor
2,852 Posts
I hope your wife will buy you an extra 30xx card for [email protected] just to make this right, cause I'm not happy about this... The man trying to recruit as many users as possible for the cause leaves to make some fake money :(
You better be here for the FaT's, cause we have some unfinished business! ;)
I'm in for the FaT's for sure. Don't you worry, someone has to show you how it's done. Mining ain't ****. People always ask "Was this card mined on" when they should be asking "Was this card folded on"? LOL Mining doesn't even come close to stressing my GPU's like FaH does.

·
Fold on!
6,903 Posts
I'm in for the FaT's for sure. Don't you worry, someone has to show you how it's done. Mining ain't ****. People always ask "Was this card mined on" when they should be asking "Was this card folded on"? LOL Mining doesn't even come close to stressing my GPU's like FaH does.
"how it's done" lol 😂
Maybe it's the heat part with a lot of them in a box that everyone is worried about? I don't know..

·
Rig Advisor
2,852 Posts
"how it's done" lol 😂
Maybe it's the heat part with a lot of them in a box that everyone is worried about? I don't know..
Grats on a Billion, BTW !!!!!!

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts
So a 2080Ti does about 50-ish MH/s. The 3090 does 117MH/s... etherium mining. We're talking $10 per day. Not as bad as I thought.

4701 - 4720 of 4787 Posts