Overclock.net banner

4721 - 4740 of 4787 Posts

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
I am pretty sure I am having a passkey issue, if there is way that it can somehow be entered but not be applied. When I'm folding normally in windows the base credit and estimated credit are not the same number, estimated credit is always higher. My assumption is that the passkey bonus is what makes the estimated credit higher. On my linux machine (with the passkey entered) the base credit and estimated credit have been the same for the last 3 work units that I have paid attention to. I may be adding 2 to 3 and coming up with 4, I dunno.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the client and control (entering the passkey again) with no change. Is there another place/file I can check to see if the passkey is active?

I entered my passkey through the webcontrol instead of the control application and it now seems to be applying the bonus. I am now having trouble with the control software but at least Im getting the points.

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts
So the wife started asking me about crypto currencies tonight, then stared me down and said "You have 4 2080Ti's don't you?" Ugh. Sorry boys, gotta divert resources for a bit, she will most likely fund a few 3 series cards and when she does, i'll get back to folding some dedicated. Will be here For FaT's for sure.
So I ran a little experiment overnight... 3x TVs, 2x 2080Tis, and a 3090 with ETH. Hash rate for the 3090 is really good. Back to MW and folding soon!

20210112-103928.png 20210112-103832.png

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts
So I ran a little experiment overnight... 3x TVs, 2x 2080Tis, and a 3090 with ETH. Hash rate for the 3090 is really good. Back to MW and folding soon!

View attachment 2473809 View attachment 2473811
Yea, told ya. The current price of ETH makes it very profitable right now. Soon will change from PoW to PoS and mining will be all but gone. So, the consolation is that in a year, there will be a **** ton of second hand GPU's on the low for me to snatch up to fold with. You are getting about double my hashrate. The 3090 puts out about 100 which is close to 2 of my 2080Ti's. Mining does not benefit from a core OC, only memory. Are those number with a high OC or without? Got my cards running a 1200MHz OC atm.

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts
I'm running the same "experiment" right now, 108MH/s on the 3090 with 500mhz on the ram and core back to zero oc.
Kinda cool stuff, let's see what happens :)
I'm responsible for killing our folding team. I should have said nothing.

·
Fold on!
6,903 Posts
I'm responsible for killing our folding team. I should have said nothing.
I was planning to run at around 50% between the FaT's because of the power bill. I'm just curious what this will do, and if it works it might be a good thing to have my hardware pay for the power needed to fold. Maybe even add an extra card..

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
Gives me a chance to play catchup!

Just got home and I'm really liking that PPD estimate! I hope that turns out to be typical.

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts
Yea, told ya. The current price of ETH makes it very profitable right now. Soon will change from PoW to PoS and mining will be all but gone. So, the consolation is that in a year, there will be a **** ton of second hand GPU's on the low for me to snatch up to fold with. You are getting about double my hashrate. The 3090 puts out about 100 which is close to 2 of my 2080Ti's. Mining does not benefit from a core OC, only memory. Are those number with a high OC or without? Got my cards running a 1200MHz OC atm.
Actually, no OC on any of the cards. Memory only? really?

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts
Actually, no OC on any of the cards. Memory only? really?
Na did experiments, core OC yielded no gains. 1200MHz Mem OC boosted all the cards from 45 MH/s to 60 MH/s. Unfortunately something happened overnight and the mining shares aren't paying out like they were a week ago.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
Hit a new personal best yesterday (9.5 mil), should be better today since one of the cards was only folding for the second half of the day. One more card to bring online before the FaT, so far it's looking like changing over to folding under linux was better for my PPD than adding that 1660.

·
Fold on!
6,903 Posts
All 4 of my 1060's were used for mining and sold off cheap.I currently only using 2 of them daily folding but try to get the other two up and running for the FAT's.
Nice, I hope you'll be able to get them online :)

Hit a new personal best yesterday (9.5 mil), should be better today since one of the cards was only folding for the second half of the day. One more card to bring online before the FaT, so far it's looking like changing over to folding under linux was better for my PPD than adding that 1660.
10.5 mil, that's looking good!
Funny how much of a difference the OS makes, more than adding a card. Soon I'll install Linux too.

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts
Plan to Install Linux in the summer, when and If I can snag a reasonably price newer gen card , then I will migrate the 4 Ti's into their own rig under Linux.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
My 2080ti under windows usually says between 4.3 and 4.7 mil, it's been 5.5-5.9 under linux so far. Gaining 1mil ppd from switching the os is nice, especially since it's a free os!

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts
My 2080ti under windows usually says between 4.3 and 4.7 mil, it's been 5.5-5.9 under linux so far. Gaining 1mil ppd from switching the os is nice, especially since it's a free os!
Sexy, I'm on board. Drooling over possible 24 million PPD.

Can you post the steps (Barney style)?

I.E.
#1 DL unbuntu
#2 Download these drivers

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts
Sorry guys, once I saw that a portion of this gear can generate $1100/month (actual) with Ethereum, I'm gonna be mining for a bit. Will keep around 2M PPD dedicated to [email protected]

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts
Sorry guys, once I saw that a portion of this gear can generate $1100/month (actual) with Ethereum, I'm gonna be mining for a bit. Will keep around 2M PPD dedicated to [email protected]
See any difference with the ram oc?

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts
See any difference with the ram oc?
Yeah, been down clocking the cores and oc the ram. seems to improve the hash rate. did a little reading after you mentioned it, and for everything except the TVs it benefits. With 3 TVs, I'd have to tune each separately... too much of a PIA. :)
Oh, BTW, 2 2080TIs (water) ~ one 3090 (air). My 3090 block is supposed to arrive Monday.

4721 - 4740 of 4787 Posts