Overclock.net banner

4841 - 4860 of 4890 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I just got a new case and put together 2 rigs into one.So my second folding rig(for foldathons) is all in one unit.So I an running at full power as of right now.One card is running a bit hot and throttling back ppd.That will be taken care of with a pci-e riser cable and a horizontal mount in the case.So ppd has seemed a bit low for me for 32 or so hours.Then the 3 pm update was wow that's a big update.So def there is a issue going on and everybody not getting turned in points.

I wish the 30xx would get to be fully available so these 20xx cards will come down in price.I had a local seller want $450 for a 2060....... LIKE ***......

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
Hello all,

Just wanted to pop in and let people know that we at EHW are celebrating the [email protected] 20th Anniversary with a blowout competition with prizing from our hardware sponsors, Cooler Master, Crucial, Corsair, EKWB, InWin & TeamGroup.

I know the competitions here have not offered up much prizing as of late, so wanted to give you guys the opportunity to get your hands on some goods while folding for the cause.

Check it out: [email protected] 20th Anniversary Folding Competition - Lots of prizes up for grabs !

·
Rig Advisor
3,220 Posts
Hard to beat those bribes. Won't that interfere with the fat here? Or when is the fat here.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,781 Posts
Nice!

So the prizes are random choice with your output determining the tier of prizes you can be selected for?

I don't know where you guys keep finding these 3090's. I went to my local bestbuy today and asked the guy if the store had ever had any 3 series or 6 series cards since launch and he said no. I couldn't believe it.
I don't know if you have a Microcenter near you but the one near me gets new Nvidia cards (they don't get many radeon cards) everyday but you have to wait in line before the store opens to have a chance at getting one. They aren't listing all of the cards they get on the website because they run out a few minutes after opening the doors.

I'll give up computers before I wait in line to buy hardware, but they sell a couple dozen every morning.

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
Nice!

So the prizes are random choice with your output determining the tier of prizes you can be selected for?

I don't know if you have a Microcenter near you but the one near me gets new Nvidia cards (they don't get many radeon cards) everyday but you have to wait in line before the store opens to have a chance at getting one. They aren't listing all of the cards they get on the website because they run out a few minutes after opening the doors.

I'll give up computers before I wait in line to buy hardware, but they sell a couple dozen every morning.
Yes exactly, that is how the prize drawing will be done :)

·
Rig Advisor
3,220 Posts
No, we made sure that it does NOT coincide with the OCN FAT on purpose :)
Well that IS good news. Send a PM to my wife explaining why I won't be generating mining income for over a week.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
5,115 Posts
Just scored a second 3090FE. Should be here next week. Next foldathon should be pretty good for me.
Last night, BestBuy canceled my 3090FE order that I had placed on Jan 22, due to insufficient supply. I am very upset that they are taking new orders and then canceling the old ones....

But congrats on getting an order placed. Hopefully your luck is better than mine on actually receiving the card.

·
Fold on!
6,946 Posts
Well that IS good news. Send a PM to my wife explaining why I won't be generating mining income for over a week.
That is something we need to discuss with your wife anyways, this mining stuff needs to end... :p

@NBrock Good to hear you've found a second one. Have fun with it! :)

@k4m1k4z3 That's a good reason to be upset.. Is it still for sale for the same price or did they increase it?

·
Water-cooler
1,723 Posts
Last night, BestBuy canceled my 3090FE order that I had placed on Jan 22, due to insufficient supply. I am very upset that they are taking new orders and then canceling the old ones....

But congrats on getting an order placed. Hopefully your luck is better than mine on actually receiving the card.
Oof. So far so good with my order. Was still original MSRP too ($1499).

·
Folding Fanatic
1,484 Posts
Congrats on the 3090s everyone! I'm getting ready to fix an oversight on my part with a vehicle I bought, so sadly my folding card funds are going towards putting a new frame under my '85 pickup... D'oh!

Anyways, looks like the point updates are malfunctioning again. I shuffled everything around over the weekend to try to get some more folding power at work, but it makes it hard to see the results when all points aren't being counted.

·
Fold on!
6,946 Posts
Congrats on the 3090s everyone! I'm getting ready to fix an oversight on my part with a vehicle I bought, so sadly my folding card funds are going towards putting a new frame under my '85 pickup... D'oh!

Anyways, looks like the point updates are malfunctioning again. I shuffled everything around over the weekend to try to get some more folding power at work, but it makes it hard to see the results when all points aren't being counted.
I thought one system was down, cause for one team I had 0 points and the other a few units per update. Turned out the updates were wrong again..

Rip folding budget, good luck fixing the truck!

·
Folding Fanatic
1,484 Posts
I thought one system was down, cause for one team I had 0 points and the other a few units per update. Turned out the updates were wrong again..

Rip folding budget, good luck fixing the truck!
Thats kind of where I was, thinking maybe my htpc was down or getting poopy units but I didn't want to change the channel on my lady to find out. Thanks for the luck! I'll need it.... This $1400 truck will end up costing $6000 by the time its done, but it'll have a new everything beside the cab, engine, and transmission so I suppose thats not so bad!

·
Fold on!
6,946 Posts
Thats kind of where I was, thinking maybe my htpc was down or getting poopy units but I didn't want to change the channel on my lady to find out. Thanks for the luck! I'll need it.... This $1400 truck will end up costing $6000 by the time its done, but it'll have a new everything beside the cab, engine, and transmission so I suppose thats not so bad!
That's a lot of money, let's hope you'll be done after those repairs so we can talk about getting a few 3xxx cards :p

My only question now is... where are these 3 slot nvlink bridges? lol
You did not get a third card, did you?

·
Fold on!
6,946 Posts
It was bedtime for me, you can't link 3 of them..
I'd like to put both 3090's in one system, but I'm afraid heat will be an issue. They are maxing out at 45°C over ambient, with 2 of those heaters close to each other it'll be a lot more. Besides that, my psu can't handle that.

·
Fold on!
6,946 Posts
To continue the conversation @Fluxmaven @NBrock @Avacado and @speed_demon had over at the post your last purchase thread:

25 mil average is nearly impossible with the units we receive right now.
The highest I've seen on a single 3090 is 9.8mil ppd, but I only received 4 of those units. Usually it's around 6.7 mil ppd, give or take 100k points. With the 2080ti only doing around 4.8mil and the 2080s 2.8 mil on those same units, I see a little over 20mil on HFM.net. Now I do like to play some CoD, so my actual output is more like 18mil a day.
With a consistent 8 mil per 3090 which I had in the past, 5.5 mil on the 2080ti and 4 mil on the 2080s it should be around 25 mil. I've seen it a few times, but never for more than a day.

·
Rig Advisor
3,220 Posts
Folding station is up and running.

Attachments

4841 - 4860 of 4890 Posts