Overclock.net banner

4861 - 4880 of 4890 Posts

·
Water-cooler
1,723 Posts
Yeah the recent WUs have been killing PPD. The second 3090 should be in Thursday. So I'll have it in the rig and fired up for the weekend. I have been lucky enough to get cards when the stock drops so only MSRP for me. Now I just need the blocks to hurry up. Wonder how they will do with pretty much no space between them. going to temporarily strap an extra fan to the side and blow on the fins for a little extra cooling.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Yeah the recent WUs have been killing PPD. The second 3090 should be in Thursday. So I'll have it in the rig and fired up for the weekend. I have been lucky enough to get cards when the stock drops so only MSRP for me. Now I just need the blocks to hurry up. Wonder how they will do with pretty much no space between them. going to temporarily strap an extra fan to the side and blow on the fins for a little extra cooling.
Maybe a pci-e extender cable from Amazon and do a getto rig job till you can get some better spacing.Prob cool better than a rigged up fan.

·
Water-cooler
1,723 Posts
I'm not too worried about temps. There should still be a slight space between them since it's not a full 3 slot card and my ambient temps are pretty low in my basement. 70% fan speed never gets above 50c folding.

·
OC...D
28,108 Posts
Looks like @notteytoday should take the overall lead in about a month... (y)

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts

·
Folding Fanatic
1,484 Posts
Looks like @notteytoday should take the overall lead in about a month... (y)
Thanks to you! When you're wide open, I can't even begin to compete lol, I'm the tortoise in this race. Though with this crazy winter weather, my lady is starting to see the advantages of my folding room, 75°F no matter what.

·
OC...D
28,108 Posts
Thanks to you! When you're wide open, I can't even begin to compete lol, I'm the tortoise in this race. Though with this crazy winter weather, my lady is starting to see the advantages of my folding room, 75°F no matter what.
Same here... warmest room in the house, even with two windows cracked open during this deep freeze!

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,411 Posts
Come win my Money!

·
Rig Advisor
3,220 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: BWG

·
Folding Fanatic
1,484 Posts
So I'm going to attempt to get my hands on a 3060, will this driver limit on mining performance hurt folding?

·
Rig Advisor
3,220 Posts
So I'm going to attempt to get my hands on a 3060, will this driver limit on mining performance hurt folding?
That is a good question. I hope not. It said related to specific mining algorithms. I don't know how closely folding mirrors mining calculations. I would personally not risk it.

·
Folding Fanatic
1,484 Posts
That is a good question. I hope not. It said related to specific mining algorithms. I don't know how closely folding mirrors mining calculations. I would personally not risk it.
With gfx card prices the way they are, I figure it's worth the risk since I could always get my money back selling it locally. Perhaps I'll be the guinea pig for the folding community here :)

·
Premium Member
13,411 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,411 Posts
4861 - 4880 of 4890 Posts