Overclock.net banner

4881 - 4900 of 4916 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
3,377 Posts

·
I <3 narcissists
6,862 Posts
17800 sucks. I wonder if there have been some adjustments made with newer units now that CUDA is being utilized. I need to let everything run uninterrupted to be sure, but I feel like I have lost about 2mil ppd spread across 4 machines.

·
Water-cooler
1,731 Posts
haha finally worked my way up to the big guys. Got super lucky with being able to snag 3090FE from Best Buy online at different times. Didn't expect to get a second so soon honestly.

It is a bit of a challenge to keep the memory cool even with lower ambient temps. I was going to replace the pads but I got temps down enough with just a good 120mm fan right next to them. That should hold me off until the blocks finally ship.

·
OC...D
28,157 Posts
haha finally worked my way up to the big guys. Got super lucky with being able to snag 3090FE from Best Buy online at different times. Didn't expect to get a second so soon honestly.

It is a bit of a challenge to keep the memory cool even with lower ambient temps. I was going to replace the pads but I got temps down enough with just a good 120mm fan right next to them. That should hold me off until the blocks finally ship.
Nice! Best buy, of all places to find 3090s.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
17800 sucks. I wonder if there have been some adjustments made with newer units now that CUDA is being utilized. I need to let everything run uninterrupted to be sure, but I feel like I have lost about 2mil ppd spread across 4 machines.
They have been hitting my more powerful gpu's but the 1060's seem to like them.Getting better ppd from them with those work units.Might be just Stanford letting the little guys have a break.

·
Fold on!
6,962 Posts
Yeah. I was just hoping to be able to flex my PPD output a little more haha.
Same, but it's not only for the flex. I like to look at power to ppd and the time it takes for a unit to finish.
That's for example the reason why I am currently not folding my 5700xt, it took that card longer to finish the same unit as the 1660ti with 50w more power consumption.

He's a beast, 2080Ti and a pair of 3090's Just like Bastiaan.
Look who's talking, Mr. "3.4 million points update" :ROFLMAO:

To quote Bruce from the Folding forum: "p17800 is a general study of a mathematical technique which would potentially improve the speed and accuracy of FAH's science. If successful, it wouldn't necessary be limited to any specific set of proteins."
That sounds to me like they will use the way the unit works/folds, but the size will depend on the protein they want to investigate using that technique. They were also talking about the possibility to bundle more proteins in one unit, but that's not easy.
The difference between my normal average with everything running (6 GPU's) normal units and the lowest with everything running 17800 units is over 10 million points, that is pretty crazy.

Welcome to the club, though I feel like I only just joined that club. I'm still far away from a few legends, one day....

They have been hitting my more powerful gpu's but the 1060's seem to like them.Getting better ppd from them with those work units.Might be just Stanford letting the little guys have a break.
The 17800 unit counts only 22500 atoms compared to 257392 atoms for a 17334 unit for example. My GTX580m loves 13439 units with only 4082 atoms, small GPU with small units :)
And the biggest GPU's I have did the best with units counting over 400k atoms, imagine what they would do with even more atoms..

That is nice, is it view only or can you control something too?

·
Rig Advisor
3,377 Posts
2600k in a Asus p8p67pro. 1080 water cooled 1060 on air. Two 360 rads with Amazon argb fans. Powered by a Corsair HX1050. Puts out right at 190-210 ppd.
That 1080 should be putting out over 1 million ppd. Is that 190-210 - 1.9-2.1 million?

·
OC...D
28,157 Posts
When's the next FAT?

·
Rig Advisor
3,377 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: BWG

·
Water-cooler
1,731 Posts
Yeah, what gives? If I have to switch teams for FAT's I'll just start my own team lol. Too much time dedicated to OCN Folding Team to just switch to another forum's team. I have a tad over 4.6 Billion points with OCN.

4881 - 4900 of 4916 Posts