Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COD4
BFBC2

All other games play fine for hours. I can play Crysis Warhead, Dirt 2, and other games without one problem. But for the two above, the system randomly locks up with a TRRRRRRRRR sound coming from the speakers.

I'm Linx and Prime95 stable. I ran OC Scanner twice and it completed the 7200 second runs successfully both times without one artifact. And it didn't freeze. I ran memtest overnight and it got 0 errors.

What's the deal?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SadSoul View Post
Try running Furmark for an hour an see if it happens. If not u can put ur mind at ease cos its the games fault.
CoD4 has never locked up on me...

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by h220wnzj00 View Post
What driver set are you using?
I have tried switching among 258.96, 257.21 and the newer 260 ones. I have the most up to date Realtek drivers installed. The problem happens with all the driver versions so far.

Kombustor and Furmark run perfectly fine for hours and hours.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
I have tried switching among 258.96, 257.21 and the newer 260 ones. I have the most up to date Realtek drivers installed. The problem happens with all the driver versions so far.

Kombustor and Furmark run perfectly fine for hours and hours.
Hm I assume you've run Driversweeper already between upgrades. Does this happen when your card isn't overclocked?

edit: Have you tried running Memtest yet?

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by h220wnzj00 View Post
Hm I assume you've run Driversweeper already between upgrades. Does this happen when your card isn't overclocked?

edit: Have you tried running Memtest yet?
Yep I ran driversweeper. I even tried reinstalling my OS on an IDE drive with just bare minimum(win updates, drivers and the 2 games) and it still crashes. It crashes even when I'm at stock clocks.

OP says I ran memtest overnight with 0 errors.

I found some stuff on google and I disabled my mic, turned off EQ filter and I'm running PB in compatibility mode. Hopefully one of those things will be a fix. Lemme play and see if it freezes.

·
Registered
617 Posts
It's probably a heat issue. Set your clocks to stock and get the dust out of your rig and see if that helps.

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have HEPA filters on my fans. The air inside my rig is cleaner than the air I breathe(there is NO DUST). Temperatures never get above 86C for the GPU and never above 60C for the CPU.

It froze... 20 minutes of playing.

I have hardware monitoring on and here is what it looks like before a crash:

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Your PC obviously doesn't approve of you running around shooting other people online. It's a pacifist PC.

So you've tried a completely fresh install of both the games and the OS, with everything at stock ... and it still happens? That rules out rather a lot of the normal possibilities, so ...

The only thing I can think of to try is downloading the latest directX from MS and installing it. I've had that fix some random problems for me in the past with Windows 7.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...D-85FC422D1388

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
EDIT: nvm the lan drivers are already up to date.

Should I just RMA it with EVGA? How long does it take? I'll need to get a 8400gs or something so I can still use the computer

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so i requested an RMA... I'm shipping it out monday unless EVGA approves it by 5PST - then I'll do USPS flat rate because they ship on saturdays

1 - 17 of 17 Posts