Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MMO Enthusiast
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has someone tried it with new GPU´s?, i´ve been reading but I only find people who made it with old gpu´s (8800 most of them).
I have a dead 7870 Tahiti LE, and a 280x with a lot of artifacts (memory issue I think), and since I´m already getting another I dont need them so I want to fix them to use them in my nephew/brother builds

if you dont know what im talking about: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/606658-THE-OVEN-TRICK-WORKED

·
MMO Enthusiast
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffieneKing View Post

The 280x wasn't released that long ago, if it still has a warranty I would take it back, and defintely exlore other options such as updating the BIOS first. But in principle it should work the same way, GPU's still use solder...
i already lost the warranty ´cause i installed an aftermarket cooler on it ( prolimatech mk-26) so there´s nothing else i can do with it, i´ll try to install another bios version, if it doesn´t work, going back to original question, thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.