Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

for some reason, whenever I try to open the 'system' pane in control panel, I get a window with a white background and small text saying 'The page failed to load'. I have opened every other pane, and so far, this is the only one affected.

Ive rebooted, checked the disk for errors, hell ive done about everything I can think of (As well as what other people can think of) but to no avail.

I tried running the built in performance rating test. It simply gets an error when it completes.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Put your OS disc in your drive, then open a command prompt and enter the following command:
sfc /scannow
this will run a system file check on your OS and will pull any files from cache or the OS disc that may be needed to repair your OS.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't find anything.

Tried repairing off the disk, and that didn't help either.

-Jason

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Can you get to it if you type System in the start menu?
This should tell us if its the linkage in the control panel or the System app itself.

EDIT: BTW, the only other 2 options I can think of here are that you have a virus or you need a fresh install of windows. That all aside, have you made any changes to your system lately, peripherals included? Also what troubleshooting specifically have you done already?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,934 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalsa2 View Post
Hey guys,

for some reason, whenever I try to open the 'system' pane in control panel, I get a window with a white background and small text saying 'The page failed to load'. I have opened every other pane, and so far, this is the only one affected.

Ive rebooted, checked the disk for errors, hell ive done about everything I can think of (As well as what other people can think of) but to no avail.

I tried running the built in performance rating test. It simply gets an error when it completes.

Any help would yield some great rep.

-Jason
When did this start happening?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys! A little while later, everything in my computer started going wonky. Just did a fresh install... didnt want to have to put up with a bunch of headaches I dont need.

Thanks
-Jason

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,934 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalsa2 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys! A little while later, everything in my computer started going wonky. Just did a fresh install... didnt want to have to put up with a bunch of headaches I dont need.

Thanks
-Jason
Do you use any software to "clean" the Registry? If so, then there's a chance that it may be the culprit. So I mean if you use such software, then stop using it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts