Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
i'm new and i'm from italy.

i've finally decided to change my kb with a new one, actually i have a logitech g11 at my home.

i work as a web programmer (html, js, php, asp, etc...), i play both mmo (wow mainly) and fps (cod, crysis saga mainly) so i will need an all-around keyboard.

after some research i've found that the logitech g110 should be the best choice for me.

than, after more infos, i've changed my mind and now i want a mechanical keyboard, the problem is that i cannot find a totally good one for my needs.

what i'm looking for is:
-mechanical (better black switches but everything not too noisy will be right anyway);
-backlit (i often use my home pc with low lighting);
-multimedia control (perfect with volume roller control);
-wrist rest (perfect if not hard);
-ita or uk layout (at the beginning i decided to go only for ita layout coz on my office and on my notebook i've got that layout, but then i've included the uk layout on my options coz of the really low possibilities with ita layout);
-macro keys (optional);
-blue light (optional).

the best i've found till now is:
-razer blackwidow ultimate (discarded because of the many problems i've heard about razer kb's and because there is not uk layout still);
-tt esports meka g unit (almost perfect and probably the best i've found till now: black switches, media control, macro keys, soon with even ita layout; only problem is the backlit of only some keys instead of all the keyboards);
-qpad mk-80 (good alternative but only with uk layout, without dedicated media keys and lack of macro keys);
-corsair k90 (i hate corsair so much... this keyboard should be perfect for me: blue backlit, macro keys, media keys with volume roller, soft wrist rest, uk layout and probably ita in the future... but there is just a little problem: is not fully mechanical but only hybrid, like i don't use often esc, f1-f12, del, etc...).

something else to suggest with those specs i need? otherwise the tt meka g unit still seems to be the best choice... or maybe i should forget the mechanical possibility and back to the logitech g110

many thanks in advance to everyone will waste time to answer.

P.S.: sorry for my english, not so good at all.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ripster
View Post

It's like looking for the perfect woman.

He is a programmer, and if discards those other needs or gets a logitech dinovo for media and backlightning then it should be fine with a torpe keyboard. I hear they "perform" real well, har har har.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ripster
View Post

It's like looking for the perfect woman.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX
View Post

get to soldering that k90 and make your own dreams come true

well, the k90 seems very good except of the stupid fact that escape, f1-f12, del, ins, and macro key are not mechanical... this sounds a bit stupid to me considering that playing wow i spam f1-f12 and macro keys very often.

corsair will bring out ita layout at the end of this year but i don't want to w8 for a kb that will have 1/3 keys with 1/10 durability of other keys.

seriously if corsair had put black switches instead of non-mechanical that kb should be perfect (they said it was to avoid misclick on edge keys -.-); but i think i will w8 for the meka g unit (out end of october here) and, in the w8ing, i hope to see some review of k90 by customs... just to clearing my doubts.

btw ty everyone even for the song "love the one you're with" but my g11 start to loose some function so it's begin to be a bit hard

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Oh, I didn't mean love the G11. Drop that board like it's a $10 hooker.

But here's the thing. Mechanical keyboards are still a relatively small market, and companies can't afford to make 500 models to cater to everyone's individual needs. Add to this that they're still learning what people want what things out of a mechanical keyboard, and it really is kind of unreasonable to expect that there be a board that meets your every slightest wish. *shrug* So pick one that's 90% there and be happy with it--at least until your dream board does come along.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Try calling to WASDkeyboards.com. Perhaps they can make your own handmade, full option keyboard with price of 5000USD or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony_VN
View Post

Try calling to WASDkeyboards.com. Perhaps they can make your own handmade, full option keyboard with price of 5000USD or so.

5000$?
if it will also bring me to work place and back to home everyday is fine to me.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tephereth
View Post

5000$?
if it will also bring me to work place and back to home everyday is fine to me.

Maybe Zimbabwe dollars. The most expensive keyboard that I know of that actually does include everything you want and more is Art Levdebs Optimus Maximus keyboard, costs about $1k. That's as customizable, media centric, backlit, oled, mechanical gaming, cherry ML black switches of goodness ever. At a price of course.

Still votin on you getting some HHKB or a real keys torpe keyboard.

·
Registered
118 Posts
As everyone alredy said a keyboard like the one you are looking just doesn't exist the moment.

The only one on the market with italian layout at the moment is the Filco majestouch-2 than you have to think about the kind of switch you like that must be multi purpose for your use, theory says that red and brown should be the best choice, and after that your looking for dedicated media keys and backlight too.

Either you wait for more keyboard to hit the market, buy two keyboards or give up on some of the features you are looking for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by calavera
View Post

XArmor U9BL perhaps?

yes, is a very good option. i was looking lately to the XArmor U9BL-S with brown switches instead of blue (too noisy). i should go for it, this kb has almost everything: blue led, brown mechanical, soft wrist rest and i can go over the lack of dedicated macro and media keys.
but i think there isn't still the uk/iso layout :/

cutting away some needs even the qpad mk-80 should be fine... but i don't like blue switches at all

·
Registered
438 Posts
I want pretty much the same thing as you, OP (except a dvorak layout), and I was also looking at the K90 before I discovered it uses rubber domes for some keys.

So I bought a Ducky Shine.
It doesn't have standalone media keys, or a volume wheel, but it's probably the next best (it does have media functions via an FN key, which is not ideal but better than nothing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX;15355734
get to soldering that k90 and make your own dreams come true
I'd like to see if that's possible, actually.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ducky 9008 shine seems amazing... but where to buy it online? wich layouts are available on this kb?

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
I think it's only available in Asia atm, but I think Tank Guys will be getting the OCN version in a few weeks. Though, I doubt it will be available in ISO layout from them, but I could be wrong. I'm sure if you asked Tator Tot he would be able to give you more info on if it will be available in ISO.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts