Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, yeah I herd they could make the graphics 10-25% better too... I wouldnt buy it.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Useless because most games will not take any advantage of it right now, and for the price it costs, I would rather get myself a mid/high-end video card.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Quote:

graphics 10-25%

they dont increase graphics, but allow you to attain a higher setting with them. and there not worth it, with dual-core and quad-core cpu's and powerful gfx's there of no use.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmanuel
View Post

Useless because most games will not take any advantage of it right now, and for the price it costs, I would rather get myself a mid/high-end video card.

Nice computer specs.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Satek View Post
their only good for like 10-15fps more
Actually - they tend to drop your FPS rates. The card adds effects that GPU's can't even do - but at the same time it hurts performance (possibly because it works on a PCI bus - maybe just stress). The only thing a PPU gives you are a few more kinds of eye candy in a very few games. If that's worth the money to you go for it. Most people would say it isn't worth it though

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Seems pointless to me, a bonus eye candy or too, and bragging rights for having a PPU. Compensating for something maybe xD And i don't mean a graphics problem.

any1 read the first review on the card at newegg from the link the OP listed? It made me laugh, he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. He has 4 gigs of DDR, as pointless as the card itself xD

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I hear they're coming out with a Chemistry and Biology Card one these PhysX cards get a good foothold.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
I mean, it will help you gain FPS, but even better, if you get lag because of your video card, the PhysX will help your video card by taking the load of physics, making the game lag free or whatever. How are you getting one for free?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Death View Post
Haha, yeah I herd they could make the graphics 10-25% better too... I wouldnt buy it.
I wonder how that can be true when it uses normal PCI slots(133 Mb/s compared to PCIe 8000Mb/s) plus since their is a few games out thier that use this thing how we know if the scores are not rigged??

I seen benchmarks to measure the score and it performed just as well as the processor and given again it uses PCI slot it can't shoot that much data in such a small port.

Untill they prove to be worth it I might buy one.

·
Registered
289 Posts
once physx cards actually become worth buying then they will be made with more ram and higher bit-interfaces, like with newer video cards.

Right now they are not even worth buying, although if you can get 1 for free, i would go for it

I'm pretty sure you need a good gpu like an upper geforce 7 or 8 series or x1900 or something for this to improve gaming

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezixn View Post

any1 read the first review on the card at newegg from the link the OP listed? It made me laugh, he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. He has 4 gigs of DDR, as pointless as the card itself xD
hahah so true! omg guys i got a performance increase from these! lots of games support it already! OMG IT CAN ONLY GROW FROM HERE! i was laughing all the way through his post then when i read he had 4 gigs of ram i just started crying from laughter!
Its people like that though who make all these gimmicks bring in so much money.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts