Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens if you try to clean water out of the cpu socket with a dishrag? You guessed it. Bent pins. That's what i've got now. I only had a few, but i've fixed most of them. I just have this one that's getting on my nerves. They're just so small you can't see anything, and I can't find a magnifying glass anywhere. I at least figured out how they're supposed to look.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Did you clean out the pins.... and admitting it?

Blow dryer next time!

·
Premium Member
8,028 Posts
Damn bro, sorry to hear it. Live and learn, I always say.

I have fixed a couple bent socket pins in my day and it's pretty easy if you can see what you are doing. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a pair of glasses that look like a magnifying glass to me. I think I can fix this one if I can flatten it out some more.

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well. The pin's broken. When I got a good look at it, I couldn't see the gold tip of it. It's broken off. If I pull the pin out some more I may be able to get it to make solid contact with the cpu though. Otherwise i'll have to RMA the board. How do you RMA a motherboard when you don't know where it came from?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Wow bro, that rough. My dad shoved his finger into one last Christmas, I could of killed him! Anyways, with tweezers and a magnifying glass I was able to fix it. Take your time though, what I did is fixed them all and took a 5min break, then came back to look at them. Since I couldn't tell it happened in the first place I called it good.

Quote:
Well. The pin's broken. When I got a good look at it, I couldn't see the gold tip of it. It's broken off. If I pull the pin out some more I may be able to get it to make solid contact with the cpu though. Otherwise i'll have to RMA the board. How do you RMA a motherboard when you don't know where it came from?
Oh wow, thats bad. RMA? You don't. I would try bending it out and seeing if you can make it work. Gooluck

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mth91 View Post
I doubt they'll accept an RMA for broken pins.

You may get lucky because all of the pins aren't actually used.

I've got my tin-foil hat adjusted just right and I'm sending you all kinda good luck vibes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts