Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having a great case has been on my mind ALOT lately, when i first begin case hunting, i had couple ideas of what i want.

great air flow,
elegant, sophisticated looking front/side
comes standard with dust filter for intake fans
bottom psu placement,
behind the motherboard wire management
full ATX allowing ease to install
and just good looking all around, none of that weird shield or final fantasy lookalike cases.

the thermaltake spedo advanced package was my most favorable pick, but after reading about the noisy 230mm side fan and the large amount of plastic i decided to look else where. I'LL BE USING A MEGAHALEM so a good amount of space would be a good consideration.

after the thermaltake i came across NZXT Khaos, very nice case, but the price tag is 400, way exceeding my 200 dollar case budget.

also checked out the cooler master NAF and antec 900/1200, it's alright but i lost my interest when i saw the inside.

as of now i'm quiet liking the Corsair 800D but it dosen't have intake fans in the front for front push/back pull air flow circulation like i planned.

at this point i'm exhausted. i been looking and googling and hitting up numerous forums searching for ideas and case recommendations. i'll appreciate all the help i can get so feel free to speak what's on your mind,

ps i been up to 5 am this morning please excuse my grammar

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: kckyle

·
PC Evangelist
47,382 Posts
I too recommend ATCS 840. I did a build last year with it and its a fantastic case to work with and get good temps.

• Rep+
Reactions: kckyle

·
Registered
208 Posts
Can also look into the Lian Li / Lancool PC-K62 (Steel and Plastic), or the Lian Li PC-P50 (Aluminum) cases. I personally like the bezels on it, but I don't know if you would. It's clean, but angular.

It has:
- dust filter for intake fans (relatively easily removable too; unlike the Antec 1200)
- bottom psu placement
- behind the motherboard wire management
- full ATX allowing ease to install

Despite being a "mid tower" it is almost the size of a full tower, so it should be roomy enough for just about anything. It does fit a Megahalems as well.

If you don't like windows and blue LED's there is also the k-60.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kckyle
View Post

thanks everyone for your help!, but i end up biting the bullet and brought a corsair 800D. the price was a bit steep but it has no compromises as far as my requirement goes. +1 rep for everyone's offer

Good luck, looks like a sweet case

1 - 9 of 9 Posts