Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...So overclocking. It makes my games go faster but the risk of hardware failure/Crash. How big is the chance really that a peace of hardware breaks.
Is it all about the cooling? I got a very high System performance when i overclocked. 3d marks 03 from 5400 to 6080. And the parts are Colder now then they where when i was Non Clocked.

Trying to run 3dmarks01SE but i cant cause i got DX9c. Can i uninstall that **** or something =D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
um whaddya mean when you oced it it got colder? that doesent make sense, then again, maybe i'm just stupid
but anyway, if you have cold cooling, and your board never makes it past its rated temp, then you should have a long lasting chip. but anyway, who's gonna keep an fx 5200 for 3 years? certainly not me...i have one now....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by atvkid1090

um whaddya mean when you oced it it got colder? that doesent make sense, then again, maybe i'm just stupid
but anyway, if you have cold cooling, and your board never makes it past its rated temp, then you should have a long lasting chip. but anyway, who's gonna keep an fx 5200 for 3 years? certainly not me...i have one now....

haha whops ..Forgot to write that i Added som new Cooling for the CPU and Graphic card. thats why its colder now =D CPU is 37*IDLE and 52* Load hmm
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
you shouldn't have a problem with 3dmark with directx 9.0.... i ran it w/ dx and it was fine...with no problems... i'm gettin the vantec iceberg 4 cooler...w/ ramsinks... it should/better work pretty good... if i don't get the results i want, i'll get a bigger fan...prolly mod a tornado to fit into there... but back on topic, you'll get a new vid card before the existing one fails... they're built pretty sturdy... just remember not to get too high temps..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by atvkid1090

you shouldn't have a problem with 3dmark with directx 9.0.... i ran it w/ dx and it was fine...with no problems... i'm gettin the vantec iceberg 4 cooler...w/ ramsinks... it should/better work pretty good... if i don't get the results i want, i'll get a bigger fan...prolly mod a tornado to fit into there... but back on topic, you'll get a new vid card before the existing one fails... they're built pretty sturdy... just remember not to get too high temps..

=P This Video Card is like 1 month old hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
ok, so what are good temperatures to keep my video card at? I downloaded MBM 5 to monitor my temperatures. they seem to stay at 32 degrees constantly even while running EQ2. are they monitoring the correct hardware? I have an geforce 5700LE with Athlon64 2800+, 1gig pc3200 ram and a NF3 Duel SATA RAID motherboard. i overclocked with CoolBit and am at 300 core and 500 memory. these are the optimal settings in 3D that coolbit gave me. are these safe? can I tweak it more?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by daniel90

ok, so what are good temperatures to keep my video card at? I downloaded MBM 5 to monitor my temperatures. they seem to stay at 32 degrees constantly even while running EQ2. are they monitoring the correct hardware? I have an geforce 5700LE with Athlon64 2800+, 1gig pc3200 ram and a NF3 Duel SATA RAID motherboard. i overclocked with CoolBit and am at 300 core and 500 memory. these are the optimal settings in 3D that coolbit gave me. are these safe? can I tweak it more?

32C Doesnt sound like an overclocked video card at all... and I never heard of anyone monitoring their video through motherboard monitor... Ususally it's done with software supplied by the card manufacturer.

Video cards ususally run hotter than CPU's... Most cards I've seen idle anywhere from 45C - 60C and get really hot when loaded... I mean 70+
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
yeah my stock hs was burning hot to the touch when i oced it to the max, and i saw that i was gonna kill it, so i put a desktop fan onto it. hopefully my vantec iceberg 4 is gonna arrive soon so i can oc it so much and get max fps...woohoo

Quote:


Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

32C Doesnt sound like an overclocked video card at all... and I never heard of anyone monitoring their video through motherboard monitor... Ususally it's done with software supplied by the card manufacturer.

Video cards ususally run hotter than CPU's... Most cards I've seen idle anywhere from 45C - 60C and get really hot when loaded... I mean 70+

 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top