Overclock.net banner

55421 - 55440 of 55486 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Man those seats look amazing! I dig the ride height as it is as well.

I will finally tackle the two really broken things on my 206CC as well next week. I got a complete working driver seat with torn upholstery but a good frame as my seats leather is fine but the height adjustment is broken off entirely so I will be swapping the frames. Also bought a set of clock spring covers as mine have broken off at the mounts and hang loose all the time in front of my ignition barrel so it's frustrating to get the key in lol. Also going to delete the hole for the radio stalk using a piece of plastic from the broken ones as I don't use it anyway. Conversion harness for my radio is way too expensive lol.

Then there's only two more things to fix. For some reason the tach stops going up past 5k rpm and when I let off it drops to a lower rpm then the actual rpm of the engine so every time I rev it out and then drive in town after that I am driving -200 rpm in 5th at 50kmh lol. Maybe the needle is getting stuck somewhere or the motor is just bad or something. It's french and electric so it can be pretty much anything. I know the tach signal is good as the OBD2 monitoring does climb normally all the way to 7600rpm so the signal is fine.

Second thing is the oil level sensor. It works 50% of the time. Oil temp gauge works fine but 50% of the time on a cold start the board computer is telling me there's no oil. Obviously I check it rigorously and even with how worn-out the engine is it doesn't consume a drop of oil so I'm fine there but it's annoying to have the oil level beep 50% of the time...

There's a whole list of small things I gotta fix on the 206CC like the engine oil cooler fittings sweating a little, power steering hose from the pump to the rack sweats a bit, subframe bushings aren't the best anymore, roof rubber driver side accumulates some water between it so after hard rain and braking hard it leaks out into the cabin a bit, all the small projects.. haha.

·
LTSC for life crew
3,259 Posts
Looking good on the miata. :) I saw a first gen tearing around my area last night and was reminded of how much fun I had with my 240. They're capable of doing more than drifting haha.

·
I can count to potato
766 Posts
Thanks guys! I actually like the look but I don't want to roll the fenders or lose the inner guards to keep it from rubbing so it's going to go up a bit before I get it aligned.

In other automotive news, I have been neglecting my Silverado so long that the battery went completely dead and wouldn't take a charge. Got a new one swapped in and now I'm having gauge problems too... Speedo is really wonky. I think it's pretty common for the stepper motors to go out in these. I don't need the truck anymore so I'm just going to sell it and let the next owner figure it out. GM electrical is probably about as bad as French electrical lol.

·
LTSC for life crew
3,259 Posts
Make sure your battery ground cable is getting a really good connection to the fender. My uncle had an 01 silvy with a similar issue and his battery ground turned out to be the culprit. Transmission shifted all sorts of wonky as well, IIRC it had no OD or third gear along with the speedo issue.

·
Nobody
6,465 Posts
Bought a 2020 Raptor this year so far I love it.

View attachment 2461547
:love: Well that ends this thread, nothing more to add. Nice Purchase (y)

I did Finally get some new shoes for my ol gal, that sucked so bad snapping all 5 lug bolts and dropping the rotor right in the center and cracking the rim. But now she as good as new finally, lord wheels take forever when you just want it tomorrow haha

And yes, already bought all 32 tappets and gaskets needed, I still have a few more TLC things on the to do list.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

Since this is also a discussion thread, I saw this Alfa 156 in full Bianco Polare Martini DTM livery and a GTA wing on it for sale locally.. it's only a 1.8 TS and has 226k km but still.. that livery.. drool. Hot or not?

·
LTSC for life crew
3,259 Posts
Random curiosity - Is it still an ignition key if it's for an electric car? Because..there's no ignition happening. Due to being electric and all. Also what about that gas pedal. Electric pedal doesn't have the same ring to it.

Very sharp merc. And I bet it goes like mad and handles too. Like the whole package deal haha.

I'm not too big on the decals and livery packages on special edition cars. I'm a minimalist at heart.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I am the total opposite. I love sex spec need for speed tuning haha.

New exhaust and taillights I fitted a while ago looking sharp on my 206cc. Yes, it needs a wash, I know.

·
toast toast!
1,204 Posts
The black roof reminds me of the RCZ. Never noticed how much 206 was in its design until now.

Finished rebuilding the calipers, only to find I've ordered the wrong hoses :mad:

·
LTSC for life crew
3,259 Posts
That reminds me I want to rebuild my Avy's calipers. All those miles on original parts can't be good for their wear surfaces and such. Lol. I have new calipers ready for the rear brakes but the fronts are just getting a work bench rebuild unless I find a deal on some reman'd ones.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,871 Posts
Random curiosity - Is it still an ignition key if it's for an electric car? Because..there's no ignition happening. Due to being electric and all. Also what about that gas pedal. Electric pedal doesn't have the same ring to it.

Very sharp merc. And I bet it goes like mad and handles too. Like the whole package deal haha.

I'm not too big on the decals and livery packages on special edition cars. I'm a minimalist at heart.
Same with petrol cars.

·
toast toast!
1,204 Posts
Accelerator pedal. Or throttle.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,871 Posts
You know, the air pedal?

·
I can count to potato
766 Posts
The loud pedal. Controls the roaring Hemi that can be heard over the lynyrd skynyrd blaring on the radio and your mullet blowing in the wind.

• Rep+
Reactions: RonB94GT

·
LTSC for life crew
3,259 Posts
I gotta say my buddy's 2011 ram with the hemi was fun to drive, much more so than the Jeep GC I drove with the same engine. And then his new 2020 hemi ram makes even more power. Only when we went cruising we were listening to eminem instead of lynyrd. Also no mullets. Lol.

·
I can count to potato
766 Posts
Last hemi ram I have been in was also a buddies 2011. He got tired of the fuel economy and currently has a newer Tacoma and a Tesla model x. When I was looking for my truck I test drove a ram with a 4.7 and it was a huge disappointment. Still crappy fuel economy but without the power to go with it. I like that the new strategy over at dodge/ram/whatever is just yeet a hellcat engine into every vehicle.

·
Eastern Bloc Electronics
1,668 Posts
He got tired of the fuel economy
Over here like half of those ram pickups have LPG on them.
In several years the savings are really noticeable.
~100USD difference every 1000km/625 miles.

Most of those US engines have indirect injection (really uncommon in modern EUDM cars).
And that means the LPG installation is still cheap (direct injection is more expensive, though works slightly better).
Those engines are also easy to work on as there's a lot of space in the engine bay (which is needed for extra parts, mainly evaporator and filters).

The guy mentions 6700PLN or (3.85PLN/USD) roughly 1750USD.

Poland is an LPG powerhouse in europe with highest percentage of such vehicles.
Some years ago other countries were leading the way but direct injection engines killed the market.
People mostly import older used cars from other countries so many of them are still indirect injection.
And the demand for such vehicles created factory installed LPG option for some vehicles.
Dacia (Renault) for 300USD extra which is really cheap, Opel and Kia also offer such cars but you have to pay a lot more extra (~1000USD).
Everything can be found with LPG if you search long enough.
Diesels, motorcycles, mopeds, Mustangs, even various SRT's
Even two stroke engines can be converted if required.

·
LTSC for life crew
3,259 Posts
I like how you call it indirect injection. Like direct injection is the norm over there.

Also the united states is the saudi arabia of natural gas. We have so much of it producers burn off excess capacity at the site in a process called venting. And yet we only really see large semi trucks running on that fuel. Always made me wonder why, and from what I'm told LPG/natural gas converted diesel engines run poorly and have mechanical problems in cold temperatures.

55421 - 55440 of 55486 Posts