Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Old to Overclock.net
Joined
·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the outside it looks like any other boxed computer but the interior should give most OEM computers a run for their money.

The Sleeper, looks pretty harmless.




The blu-ray player/dvd burner



The interior, it is a little cramped but temps are good (despite having a 4870).




I added a 120mm fan in the front to help with temps. This is my sig rig and eventually want to replace the G31 motherboard with a DFI Lanparty JR. p45.

Edit: Added current picture of the interior.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Xinoxide

·
Old to Overclock.net
Joined
·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjecT TimeZ View Post
Nice Compaq case

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa.Smurf View Post
God i despise those generic cases, i would rather run it open on my desk than use that!
Not me, I was actually going to use an emachines case. But the only reason I did this becuase I sold my P5N-E motherboard and Antec 900 case. I needed to get a quick motherboard and decided to use the compaq case my brother had to save money. But I really like how it came out.
 

·
Old to Overclock.net
Joined
·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FieryCoD View Post
I'm surprised you actually got all that inside without stuff being too tight. As much as I hate OEM cases, you did a pretty good job with yours.

Thanks, the only thing I did not like (did not notice really) the motherboard does not come with a pci-e x1 for my x-fi sound card. My own fault for not opening the board when I bought it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
442 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtz View Post
Thanks, the only thing I did not like (did not notice really) the motherboard does not come with a pci-e x1 for my x-fi sound card. My own fault for not opening the board when I bought it.
That sucks. You should just give it away
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,529 Posts
you could even add an extra 120mm fan on the bottom if you need more air flow thanks to the front bezel lifting the case up...

or epoxy some studs/mounting plates on the case side to line up 3-4 80mm fans over those vents to pull in tons of air...

now you just need to add 4 HDDs to the side panel for some stripe goodness!

get really fancy and re-crimp your PSU leads to exact length!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,985 Posts
that sucks about your x-fi card, sell and buy a pci x-fi card?
 

·
Old to Overclock.net
Joined
·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrashsoul View Post
That sucks. You should just give it away


Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdude View Post
that sucks about your x-fi card, sell and buy a pci x-fi card?
Yeah, I am going to try to sell it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiNERROR View Post
you could even add an extra 120mm fan on the bottom if you need more air flow thanks to the front bezel lifting the case up...

or epoxy some studs/mounting plates on the case side to line up 3-4 80mm fans over those vents to pull in tons of air...

now you just need to add 4 HDDs to the side panel for some stripe goodness!

get really fancy and re-crimp your PSU leads to exact length!

Thanks for the tips.
 

·
Old to Overclock.net
Joined
·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I had some free time this morning, and I decided to do a little wire management. This is probably the best I can do for such a little case. I also put some wire loom on the floppy cable.

 

·
Old to Overclock.net
Joined
·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
667Mhz memory? G31 chipsets support up to 1066Mhz (with OC) .Well at least my Gigabyte G31 chipset supports it. You should consider upgrading your ram if your mobo supports it.

You'll notice a big speed up in loading screens.
My ram can run at 1000 speeds, I myself do not notice any real world differences from running at 667 to 1000 (on my previous motherboard). I am currently running at 800 though, I just forgot to edit my sig. The G31 MSI and G31 Gigabyte are very similar (I used a G31 Gigabyte on my niece's build). But the Gigabyte is superior, with the gigabyte you can adjust voltages. The MSI does not allow that, so it limits overclocks. The G31 motherboard is only going to be temporary. I will buy a new motherboard and hopefully new case when I come back from spring vacation. The only reason I sold my Antec 900 and P5N-E is becuase the deal was to good to pass (and I want to take extra money on my vacation)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,739 Posts
Well, i upgraded from 800 to 1066mhz. it was very noticeable in crysis warhead's loading screen.

Yes Gigabyte's G31 allows users to adjust voltages. But dude i don't like these G31 mobos 'cuz they are too small! That's why i'm planning to upgrade to Gigabyte EP43-S3L. I see that msi G31 is tinier than mine.How many pci slots do you have under pci express?
 

·
Old to Overclock.net
Joined
·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
Well, i upgraded from 800 to 1066mhz. it was very noticeable in crysis warhead's loading screen.

Yes Gigabyte's G31 allows users to adjust voltages. But dude i don't like these G31 mobos 'cuz they are too small! That's why i'm planning to upgrade to Gigabyte EP43-S3L. I see that msi G31 is tinier than mine.How many pci slots do you have under pci express?
The Gigabyte G31 and the MSI G31 are the same size. Here is a pic of the computer I built for my niece with the Gigabyte board.



But the MSI is not as good as the Gigabyte version. The MSI only has one pci-e x16, and to pci slot.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,394 Posts
we need to form a sleeper club. i have fitted a p5e-vm, E8400, and a XFX 4870 into my little e-machines case. this is of course after my Collermaster 541 fell apart. but i dont mind it, decent fans int he right place, best cable management i can muster up, and its not that bad.
 

·
Old to Overclock.net
Joined
·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Xinoxide
View Post

we need to form a sleeper club. i have fitted a p5e-vm, E8400, and a XFX 4870 into my little e-machines case. this is of course after my Collermaster 541 fell apart. but i dont mind it, decent fans int he right place, best cable management i can muster up, and its not that bad.

We should, but I don't think their are a lot of people that build computers on OEM cases.

All the parts for mine were transfered from my Antec 900 build, but since I sold the case and my P5N-E motherboard I needed a cheap motherboard and to save money I used a compaq case my brother had. At first it was suppose to be temporary, but I really like it how it is. I think I will just buy a better motherboard, the P45 Lanparty JR is really nice but has a big price tag.

I would also like to see how your sleeper looks like.

Thanks
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top