Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

After last BIOS Update

I was overclocked my Ryzen 5 1600 to 3.80 and my system show same number in the task manager. Now i make it 3.90 but in the task manager it's only 3.20, and all other programs says its 3.9. What is the wrong please ?

My BIOS Setting. You can see its 3.90

And here. The system said Base Speed is : 3.20, and other programs says it's 3.90 :

How can i fix this ??

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Task Manager is correct. The base speed of your CPU is 3.2GHz and it boosts up to 3.6GHz. These are the defaults.

You have overclocked the CPU, but that doesn't change the default base speed. Don't worry ... the CPU is actually running at the overclocked speed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Task Manager is correct. The base speed of your CPU is 3.2GHz and it boosts up to 3.6GHz. These are the defaults.

You have overclocked the CPU, but that doesn't change the default base speed. Don't worry ... the CPU is actually running at the overclocked speed.
Thx for reply. But before the last BIOS update, even the task manager shown the base speed 3.8 and after the update its 3.20 Why ?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Task Manager isn't showing you what the CPU is currently running at. It's showing you the known specifications. It would seem Windows didn't "know" the specs before. Now it seems to.

CPU-Z shows you what it's currently running at. Always, always, always go by what CPU-Z says and ignore what Task Manager says. The only thing you should be getting from Task Manager is amusement that even to this day, Microsoft still hasn't made it show the CURRENT clock speed. No. All they do is make it show what the known specs are.

In other words:

Task Manager is dumb, and CPU-Z is intelligent.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
There are some things in Task Manager that are important and that it does well, and there are some things that aren't important and that it screws up.

The CPU speed is one of the things that Task Manager screws up. And it really isn't important what it displays as the base speed, since the CPU isn't running at that speed.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
There are some things in Task Manager that are important and that it does well, and there are some things that aren't important and that it screws up.

The CPU speed is one of the things that Task Manager screws up. And it really isn't important what it displays as the base speed, since the CPU isn't running at that speed.
As I said, Task Manager isn't reading the current CPU speed. I don't want to complicate the answer beyond that. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I said, Task Manager isn't reading the current CPU speed. I don't want to complicate the answer beyond that. ;)

Thank you guys.

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
Task manager only reads the multi speed and not the fsb/bclk speed. I oced my FX using the fsb so task manager showed it as running at 4 ghz when it was running at 5 ghz. My Ryzen 1700 is using P-state and bclk for OCing with P-state taking it to 3.8ghz and bclk taking it to 3.925ghz. So naturally task manager shows it at 3.8ghz.

Then there are bios oddities. Look at what Cinebench thinks this 1700 is running at with the latest bios.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts