Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Tera Online will be coming out in the near future, hopefully in 2010, here is a little background.

TERA is the first true Action MMORPG, providing all of the depth of an MMO with the intensity and gratification of an action gameTERA’s groundbreaking combat system will set a new standard in MMORPGs, offering all of the depth of an MMO with the intensity and gratification of an action game. TERA’s innovative action combat system allows players to step into a world where their actions, teamwork, and daring combat expertiseâ€"not statisticsâ€"give them a chance to become true heroes.

The real-time dynamic battle system gives players more control and constant involvement in the action! No more point-and-click or repetitive cycling through a palette of spells and skills. Rather than locking onto targets automatically, the position of your character and the timing of attacks, blocks, and dodges determine the outcome of each confrontation. As a result, combat is more intuitive, exciting, and realistic.

I personalty think this will be a huge WoW Killer, here's why.

Gameplay (Watch in HD)

film_go.png
YouTube- TERA Online Gameplay Trailer HD
film_go.png
YouTube- Tera Online: New MMO coming out this year
film_go.png
YouTube- TERA Online gameplay : Baraka priest versus baraka elementalist | EU\\US Test

Screen Shots

And Some HD Screen Shots

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
looking forward to the game

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
NOTE: You cannot make an official thread unless a mod grants you to do so. Might want to umm... change the title there.

I'll play if only I can see the she-elf's boobies. The one in the first pic.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Looks like Aion to me. Bet it's a huge grind as well. If the combat is full action and everything though that might not be such a big deal

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by legoman786 View Post
NOTE: You cannot make an official thread unless a mod grants you to do so. Might want to umm... change the title there.

I'll play if only I can see the she-elf's boobies. The one in the first pic.

+1

Hawt bewbs are hawt

·
Let's go Sharks!
565 Posts
So...the whole point is to dress your female character in the sluttiest clothes imaginable and run around?

·
Let's go Sharks!
565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrThc View Post
There is 6 different classes

http://www.tera-online.com/about_tera/char/aman.php
I know. I was mostly kidding
After looking into it I'm actually quite excited. Open world PvP is my thing, I hated BG's / Arena in WoW and I hated how long it took to get into PvP in Aion (never actually got to PvP, took to long and got bored.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
Looks sexy.
To say the least

·
Registered
328 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisispatrick View Post
Omg another Aion remake full of boobies. Do not want.
I was interested at first and then the PvP was just a giant turn off.
It's more of an Aion meets Demon Souls type of MMO. It looks interesting. I would love to test the beta out.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by enarr
View Post

It's more of an Aion meets Demon Souls type of MMO. It looks interesting. I would love to test the beta out.

After getting sucked into the Aion hype and pre ordering it I would say it was one of the stupidest decisions of my life.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisispatrick
View Post

After getting sucked into the Aion hype and pre ordering it I would say it was one of the stupidest decisions of my life.

Yes, everyone raved about Aion pre-release. I got into its beta and played for a couple of hours and uninstalled.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by enarr View Post
Yes, everyone raved about Aion pre-release. I got into its beta and played for a couple of hours and uninstalled.
You dont understand, this is a Next Gen MMO, The Gfx are amazing, the combat isnt point and click like aion or WoW, its basicly a action mmorpg. Nothing like this has ever been made, and if anything has the potential to be the WoW killer, its this.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Quote:

You dont understand, this is a Next Gen MMO, The Gfx are amazing, the combat isnt point and click like aion or WoW, its basicly a action mmorpg. Nothing like this has ever been made, and if anything has the potential to be the WoW killer, its this.
I do understand. I was merely agreeing with Patrick about Aion being a disappointment. I am very excited about TO and I hope I get into its beta to test it out.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Quote:

I remember reading a statement similar to this when Aion was over-hyped.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imports>Muscles View Post
I remember reading a statement similar to this when Aion was over-hyped.
Yeah they were talking about the flight battle system if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Quote:

Sorry there is no way this game will be a WoW killer, or even come close. I never even heard about it untill you made this thread.

The only possible WoW killer on the horizon is Star Wars the Old Republic.

1 - 20 of 421 Posts