Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M9 w/ Side Window or M9 Plain

THERMALTAKE M9 CLUB

This is specifically for those who own a Thermaltake M9.

When I add someone to the list, I will include a link to your system. If that is not ok with you, simply say so in your post and I will not. Modded cases are allowed, so don't be afraid to post it. As long as it is an M9. Also if you can, get some pictures of your system to give us some visuals.

CURRENT MEMBERS
lkegley9
Headshot
Matt42312
nonzenze
black_hevean
Mugrath
Conspiracy
Flaminsteve0
SQBubble
w00t
j3ffrey

--------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a picture of my setup.

Bought a used 120mm fan from my local PC store and switched my fans around. I have the used one in the back for exhaust, the stock 120mm LED for a top fan, of which the hole just got cut today, and lastly my stock orange fan with no LEDs as my front intake. It makes a nice negative pressure setup and I can feel air being sucked in through all of the vents. My temps have dropped quite a bit, but eventually I plan to drill another hole for another 120mm on my side panel and get that going.
LL

·
Registered
371 Posts
Can you turn the LED's off? Or unplug? And could u take another pic wit an angle from the back, just wanna see how close the video card is to the hard drives

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a picture I found in my folder. I had to put the HDD down one slot into the middle one, but yeah its all good. If I really wanted to in the future, in case I want to put more HDDs in, I could always drill another hole in the HDD cage.

And no I can't turn off the LEDs. And that fan is fairly critical to my setup. So I don't want to unplug it. That fan comes stock in the M9 just its in the front intake area, not on top. I modded that fan hole.

And as you can notice, that picture lacks the top fan. At that point, I didn't have the fan hole. XD
LL

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Huh. Nice thingy you got there. Doesn't look at all like the pistol though.

This was going to be my mom's family computer case, but it got warped during shipping.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
Go ahead and add me... I <3 mine.
Indeed it is a good case.
And I did add you btw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronmonto View Post
This was going to be my mom's family computer case, but it got warped during shipping.
Well you should consider getting a new one, because when its not warped, its definitely a nice case. But sorry to hear that, I've never had a shipping issue, but I would assume you got some compensation from UPS/FedEx/USPS for it, right?

·
Registered
31 Posts
AS you can see. im really really looking for some people who know how to cable manage with this case a little better than i do, i cant think of anything good to help out my cable management so if you can help me out PLEASE! pm me

LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well one thing, you can stuff cables behind your motherboard tray. Some plugs (such as excess PCI-E/SATA cords), won't fit behind it, so you can tuck those on top of the power supply. The whole top portion of the case can be removed for easy access to the top of the PSU. Simply take off both side panels, and there is six screws holding the top panel in place. You can also tuck cables behind the power supply too.

I have a Corsair 750TX on this case. Its freakin' hard to hide some of these cables. I've got them tucked into every little nook and cranny that its freakin' ridiculous. I'm getting a dremel pretty soon, so I will probably do some case mods to get some good working cable management setups.

Btw, this PSU has four PCI-E connectors... I only need ONE! Plus eight Molex, and I'm using NONE of those. XD So much cables....

And I'm putting you on the list now.

I see the SATA ports on that motherboard are placed very awkwardly.. Looks like that'll be a doozy to manage. Maybe make the SATA cords real tight on the bottom there so its still outside of the airflow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
well have i done a little more since then, like moving my sata under the mobo
but yea i need a dremel because i really dont like the top bar that is supposed to hold my mobo tray but isnt necessary, i added another fan in front a little above my HDD cage to add cool air into my proccessors air stream to OC it a little easier for lower temps. that i just started doing today. got it to 4g stable @ 1.4v 39c full load
, but yea i wish this mobo tray extended up to the PSU and had more space behind it
Currently i have them all zip-tied to the very side of my case so all of it is out of my air flow

1 - 20 of 68 Posts