Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
78729a63.jpg

We need some new testing done with regards to the SB chips vs the 980x in apps that can take advantage of SB's new instructions.

Also 50C max load, on some chill water is crazy, what are the people on air getting?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I can't speak for those voltages and speeds, but my 2600k running 4.6GHz HT on @ 1.31 V was hitting a max temp of 61 on one core, with the average being more like 59C across all 4 after 20 IBT on high. I don't know if you were looking for similar settings, but more data points are always better than less data points.

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking for people running SP1 of Windows 7 which now supports some of the new instructions of SB and is generating a bit more heat in linpacks than it was before.

I only saw about a 5-6C rise in temps compared to my 68GFlops runs the other day, however 5-6C for me has to be more for air since it doesn't handle heat quite as well in the first place.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
So when you're running LinX/IBT now, it stays at 100% during the stress test? I haven't installed SP1 RTM yet but if it's been fixed because of that, I will.

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm seeing 100% during load - I stole the linpack from LinX and used it in IBT because I like the interface better
biggrin.gif
My version of IBT doesn't have the updated linpacks.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_WRX02;12037932
If ur 2600k has HT on, choose 8 threads and CPU will stays @ 100% during stress.
Not with LinX. I'll see about IBT.

Stupid computer can't upgrade to SP1, encounters an error about missing SXS Assembly.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared;12037639
78729a63.jpg

We need some new testing done with regards to the SB chips vs the 980x in apps that can take advantage of SB's new instructions.

Also 50C max load, on some chill water is crazy, what are the people on air getting?
I dont see how your results are even remotely possible, IBT results are heavily influenced by number of cores, as well as ram performance. A 980x on this Thread at 4.5ghz was only able to achieve 97 gflops. The fact that you are able to surpass a hexacore, with and without HT is beyond me.

No offense my friend, but I find your results highly suspect....

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb2e;12038428
I dont see how your results are even remotely possible, IBT results are heavily influenced by number of cores, as well as ram performance. A 980x on this Thread at 4.5ghz was only able to achieve 97 gflops. The fact that you are able to surpass a hexacore, with and without HT is beyond me.

Installed SP1 RTM and getting the same GFlops as before Lol..

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb2e;12038428

No problem man.

It's called core advancement.

Look up AVX and you'll understand, SP1 allows usage of that instruction set, which basically doubled SB FP.

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
gigaflops mean nothing.

but then again that is a lot of them.

• Rep+
Reactions: Kevlo

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No.. Just the correct linpacks, download LinX - it has them, copy them into your IBT directory if you would rather use IBT.

They're both the same, just a different interface.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
As I just posted in the 5+ghz thread, this is far from exciting or what I'd consider 'tech advancement'...

Show me a real-world example. A stress testing program with a big number is useless.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts