Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So check out this cooler mod I did on my 5750. Benches will come tomorrow, I need to get my homemade RAMsinks and VRM heatsink installed first, and I need to work out a PSU issue.

Pics:

I had an orochi laying around, so I figured, hey why not? The design of it should make it actually do pretty well as a GPU cooler.

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
Nice... the pcb of the graphics card isn't backplate supported to carry such a weight. Something will bend, either the card, or the pci-express bracket.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have support below the heatpipes. It just doesn't show up in the horrible pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
If the weight is supported then I say great job! I'm curious as to how well its working. Post some results

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I lol'd at the fact that mo matter which direction I put the cooler, it was lower than the PCI express slot on the card. It has to be in the bottom slot on my mobo or else it doesn't fit in the slot.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
LOL. jesus christ. i thought i was slick. I attached a stock amd heatsink on my 6800gs a couple years ago to replace the crappy stock one. i actually drilled holes into the heatsink and mounted it that way. cooled it down a good 20c

keep us updated on new temps.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slightly skewed
View Post

lol, awesome. Pointless but awesome. If I'm not mistaken it's on top of the oem cooler?

Nope. It is on the GPU directly. The orochi has a small heatsink at the bottom to get rid of extra heat off the heatpipes.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slightly skewed
View Post

I think it needs to be connect directly to the chips surface in order to see any improvements...

Like I just said, it is.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EDIT: ^ Push/pull

1 - 13 of 13 Posts